2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:
Dissopointment
By raj01 on 01/07/13 20:41 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

from 1999 corolla to a 2004 camery then to a 2006 lexus gs 300 awd..I have come to one conclusion....totoya mades good cars, but very bad engine. all their vicheles born oil. Ihave had my gs for seven years now, and has 174000 km, and It has been burning oil since 96000km. I have done everything that ther dealers have required, I have questioned lexus headquaters, but still no solution for my problem. Though my research on all three of my vehicles as well as connecting with other owners and toyota specialty machines, have learned that most totoya and lexus model have that issue once you pass the 100000km mark

too many trips to dealer
By wph1215ecu on 08/04/12 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

bought this car used in 2008 &absolutly loved it. several recalls were handled and a few pretty large issues were fixed under my 50k mile warrenty, I had to get something else fixed under my extended warrenty under 100k mile. brake wear out faster than they should, sometimes hear a grinding. I continue to notice issue in the steering wheel where it seems to almost stick in a groove slightly pulling to the right when im cruising the highway btw 60-80mph. side mirrors motors went bad after 100k miles. notice a mildew smell in the a/c since i bought it. low tire pressure light is always on. sometimes my car shakes when i come to a stop like its about to shut off. now steering col & eng cyl bad

Nearly flawless
By wjohnstone74 on 07/24/12 11:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After owning 7 North American automobiles (4 of them brand new), I can't believe I am about to complain about my Lexus - just nit-picky stuff really. Reliability wise, the car has been flawless. I have 138,000km on it and the only issue I have had was a hole in each side of the stainless steel exhaust pipe right before the secondary cat converters. This was a $1400 repair, so I got a local muffler shop to weld on two 1 foot sections of pipe and now it's fine. Except that they fried an o2 sensor on me while welding. I have the creaks and rattles in the dash like everyone else. That is annoying. Also, the tranny seems lost when feathering the throttle below 20km/h.

LOVE this car
By keef2 on 04/06/12 01:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have liked Infiniti's, Acura's, Volvo's. Those feel vibration harsh compared to my dark sapphire blue beauty. This GS300 is amazing in every way

Not like they used to be.
By succeedinlife5 on 02/09/12 12:19 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this 2006 Lexus GS300 AWD in the 2008. It was a lease return with a clean record and was being offered as a CPO vehicle no accidents noted on the CarFax. Since purchasing the car, it has been recalled 6 times. Steering, brakes, gas line, bolts, carpet, floor mats. Since purchasing the car, I have had a great deal of issues with the quality. 1) Dash will not stop rattling. It has been into the dealer 5 times for this and the rattle comes back every time. 2) A/C system will smell like mold when it is starts. 3) Wheels bubbled. 4) Mirrors would not tilt up 5) Inside mirror rattles 6) Tires wore out VERY fast 7) Console rattles 8) Sunroof leaks and has wind noise

Only car I am keeping after paying it off.
By ty1753 on 06/25/11 16:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had several makes and models of other automobiles but my GS300 is the one I have loved the most. I get 30-34 miles per gallon on the road which is awesome. Since the gas prices have gone up I've used regular gas for the last year with absolutely no maintenance problems. This is the first year that I did a beautiful red/cayenne color. I have always done a beige or white/neutral color. It does turn heads and is a people pleaser creating a lot of comments. I have had an accident with a deer and only the grille was damaged. It never affected the engine. I feel extremely safe in this car.

Great Car
By urban on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many cars in my life but the GS300 is by far one of my best choices. It is elegant, luxury, sporty, fun to drive and a head turner yet not too flashy. I have the upgraded 5 star 18 in. chrome wheels on it and it looks beautiful. I have already put around 100k on it and the car runs great, no problems what so ever. The only thing I do is an oil change and periodic tune up with original Lexus spark plugs (don't use generic or aftermarket).

alexnme
By alexNme on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful Car, however I am very disappointed in the Quality of the car, I have had my car for about a 1 1/2 and the car has been in the shop 13 times. from recalls to cupped tires to break system, steering shaft. My rear view mirror fell down and it took Lexus 6 times to put it back right. The brakes have been replaced on my car 4 times and they are still grinding. I won't say that I will never buy another lexus but I will never buy a preowned car again from CARMAX. my impala that I still have, I love same features as my lexus no problems at all!

Smooth Ride but Some Issues
By niteflite on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for 15 months now and have put around 15,000 miles on it. I replaced the stock run-flats with bridgestone turanza serenity after a blow-out. The car feels great on these tires. However, the car has been at the dealer several times. Grinding noise at cold start-up. There's a TSB out for this but the dealer turned me away the first time. Called lexus corporate then the dealer invited me back and fixed it without questions. Now there's a recall on the brakes.

Great Purchase.
By Neil on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for over 5 years and 80,000 miles and have yet to experience 1 real problem.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.