Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

Phenomenal Used Car - Exceeds Expectations
By cardrivinman

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought the 2006 Lexus GS300 used. This 9 year old car feels new, is ultra comfortable and quiet, and has technology that is still cutting edge. This car hugs the road, smooths out bumps, and feels smooth as silk. Despite being a 2006 model it has power everything, touch start, backup camera, and Bluetooth! Yes, even though this car predates iPhones and Androids and it still has Bluetooth and pairs w/ my iPhone. It has all the technology that a brand new 2015 car would have, except for blindspot warning...which isn't necessary because visibility is excellent in the GS300. This 9 year old Lexus is better than some respectable 2015 cars I tested. The GS300 exceeds my expectations.

Favorite Features

AWD, smooth ride, super comfortable ventilated and heated seats, quiet cabin, power everything, moonroof, touch start, backup camera, Bluetooth, sleek design, premium materials in and out.

Suggested Improvements

A couple more inches of headroom would be nice.

Dissopointment
By raj01

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

from 1999 corolla to a 2004 camery then to a 2006 lexus gs 300 awd..I have come to one conclusion....totoya mades good cars, but very bad engine. all their vicheles born oil. Ihave had my gs for seven years now, and has 174000 km, and It has been burning oil since 96000km. I have done everything that ther dealers have required, I have questioned lexus headquaters, but still no solution for my problem. Though my research on all three of my vehicles as well as connecting with other owners and toyota specialty machines, have learned that most totoya and lexus model have that issue once you pass the 100000km mark

too many trips to dealer
By wph1215ecu

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

bought this car used in 2008 &absolutly loved it. several recalls were handled and a few pretty large issues were fixed under my 50k mile warrenty, I had to get something else fixed under my extended warrenty under 100k mile. brake wear out faster than they should, sometimes hear a grinding. I continue to notice issue in the steering wheel where it seems to almost stick in a groove slightly pulling to the right when im cruising the highway btw 60-80mph. side mirrors motors went bad after 100k miles. notice a mildew smell in the a/c since i bought it. low tire pressure light is always on. sometimes my car shakes when i come to a stop like its about to shut off. now steering col & eng cyl bad

Favorite Features

Luxury and ride!

Nearly flawless
By wjohnstone74

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After owning 7 North American automobiles (4 of them brand new), I can't believe I am about to complain about my Lexus - just nit-picky stuff really. Reliability wise, the car has been flawless. I have 138,000km on it and the only issue I have had was a hole in each side of the stainless steel exhaust pipe right before the secondary cat converters. This was a $1400 repair, so I got a local muffler shop to weld on two 1 foot sections of pipe and now it's fine. Except that they fried an o2 sensor on me while welding. I have the creaks and rattles in the dash like everyone else. That is annoying. Also, the tranny seems lost when feathering the throttle below 20km/h.

Favorite Features

Everything! Love the retro tape deck. It's like finding an old 8 track in a classic car.

Suggested Improvements

Will not play MP3's, no aux input, tape deck?? Really?!?, cabin interior really dark at night, for some reason the spot lights do not come on, nor have I found a setting.

LOVE this car
By keef2

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have liked Infiniti's, Acura's, Volvo's. Those feel vibration harsh compared to my dark sapphire blue beauty. This GS300 is amazing in every way

Favorite Features

engine, leather/wood

Suggested Improvements

bit wider and better headroom