Used 2005 Lexus GS 300 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus Gs-300 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Lexus GS 300

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )

Toyota in a tuxedo
By jouvonte

2005 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I compare both my GS300 and BMW 525 the GS is equal to or better in all categories except handling...but it's very close. The GS has an ageless design, beautiful fit and finish and unmatched reliability. The soft, black leather interior with a splash of dark burl wood is absolutely stunning...you won't be disapointed with this luxury sports car. The Lexus key is the one I reach for when I leave the house!!

Favorite Features

Interior noise is nonexistant - library quiet. It has a boulevard ride like the tires are a foot off the ground. All controls are logically placed and easy to use...copious room in the trunk.

Suggested Improvements

I'll let you know when I find one...

Bought Used and saved on this Lexus
By H Janke

2005 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this 05 about two months ago. Saved from the sticker price about $12k. Nice car, ride with standard stock tires is a bit noisy. Suggest a smoother riding factory tire. Interior needs in dash 6 CD, currently in glove box. Needs sunglass holder over head. Very comfortable interior ride over 30 mph. Solid feel and lots of room inside and also in trunk. Gas mileage averages about 18 mpg in town and 22 mpg highway. Nice sound system, leather seats very comfortable, lumbar support very good. Dash instrument panel easy to read. Solid all around vehicle.

Favorite Features

Highway ride, roomy, lumbar support, interior quality and dash read out panel.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother riding factory stock tires, better gas mileage, more power from 25 to 60 mph, exterior design bland and overhead sunglass holder.

Lexus GS
By Amassey1980

2005 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded from the ES300 to the GS300. The handling and responiveness is what made me purchase the GS vs. the LS, as well as the GS having more room than the ES and it has a more meaty look than a luxuy sedan. It is awesome on trips, you feel a few bumps but over all it is nice quiet and smooth. There have not been any problems so far with the car. The Lexus brand has made an impression on my and my family so as long as they make good quality luxury cars that look good, they will have me for a customer.

Favorite Features

E-Shift. The way that the sunroof features have been separated from the previous body style of GS. Auto headlights is a wonderful lazy feature that can spoil a driver. The sound system is to die for when one just wants to get away from people and places.

Suggested Improvements

Some of my suggestions they have improved on the 2006 model. But I can make a comment on the 2006 that will influence me to not purchase the new body style and that is how the roof is lowered in the 2006 compared to the 98 - 05 body style. Being 6ft tall that will greatly impact my influe on buying.

Love My GS 300
By Tina

2005 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

What a great car. It's so much fun to drive. I have heated seats and that is such a plus on those cold mornings. The car is loaded with so many extras for the price, it would be hard to name anything more I would look for a car to have. My only concern is that it is a gas piggy, I brake for most gas stations ......

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats

Suggested Improvements

Easy to scrach and dent

I will never own anything but a Lexus.
By David DeAssis

2005 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first foreign car. I will never buy another brand of car again. As a former Lincoln owner, this car far exceeds my expectations of an automobile. The ride is great, I have never had to take my car in for what Lincoln always called "expected problems with new cars", all I have to do is regular maintenance. I highly recommend this car to anyone who doesn't want to lose all there investment when they drive off the lot. This vehicle will retain over 50% of its value after 5 years.

Favorite Features

My favorite features include the attractive interior, great lines, it turns heads everywhere I go. And it is a very reliable automobile.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see them put in a computer that would do as so many American cars do, which is monitor my mileage per gallon, distance until empty on the fuel, etc.