2005 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )
Toyota in a tuxedo
By jouvonte on 04/30/08 16:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I compare both my GS300 and BMW 525 the GS is equal to or better in all categories except handling...but it's very close. The GS has an ageless design, beautiful fit and finish and unmatched reliability. The soft, black leather interior with a splash of dark burl wood is absolutely stunning...you won't be disapointed with this luxury sports car. The Lexus key is the one I reach for when I leave the house!!

Bought Used and saved on this Lexus
By H Janke on 05/19/07 06:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this 05 about two months ago. Saved from the sticker price about $12k. Nice car, ride with standard stock tires is a bit noisy. Suggest a smoother riding factory tire. Interior needs in dash 6 CD, currently in glove box. Needs sunglass holder over head. Very comfortable interior ride over 30 mph. Solid feel and lots of room inside and also in trunk. Gas mileage averages about 18 mpg in town and 22 mpg highway. Nice sound system, leather seats very comfortable, lumbar support very good. Dash instrument panel easy to read. Solid all around vehicle.

Lexus GS
By Amassey1980 on 07/09/05 10:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded from the ES300 to the GS300. The handling and responiveness is what made me purchase the GS vs. the LS, as well as the GS having more room than the ES and it has a more meaty look than a luxuy sedan. It is awesome on trips, you feel a few bumps but over all it is nice quiet and smooth. There have not been any problems so far with the car. The Lexus brand has made an impression on my and my family so as long as they make good quality luxury cars that look good, they will have me for a customer.

Love My GS 300
By Tina on 03/21/05 21:32 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

What a great car. It's so much fun to drive. I have heated seats and that is such a plus on those cold mornings. The car is loaded with so many extras for the price, it would be hard to name anything more I would look for a car to have. My only concern is that it is a gas piggy, I brake for most gas stations ......

I will never own anything but a Lexus.
By David DeAssis on 01/12/05 19:00 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first foreign car. I will never buy another brand of car again. As a former Lincoln owner, this car far exceeds my expectations of an automobile. The ride is great, I have never had to take my car in for what Lincoln always called "expected problems with new cars", all I have to do is regular maintenance. I highly recommend this car to anyone who doesn't want to lose all there investment when they drive off the lot. This vehicle will retain over 50% of its value after 5 years.

Almost Got A BMW 525, Glad I Didn't !!!
By BzDentist on 12/15/04 23:19 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did my research and found that the GS 300 Lexus is a much better car. It's a lot more comfortable in side than the BMW 525, and guess what they both cost about the same. Yet, it has a more stylish body.

A Very Good Car
By OC Driver on 11/07/04 22:53 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very quiet and comfortable car. It has good power, great steering and great brakes. Controls are logical and well placed. The standard sound system is a good one. Very solid feel. The interior is nicer than that of competing vehicles. If you have to have a very fast car, look at a G35 or TL, but neither is a quiet or roomy. The G35 makes significant noise if you are cruising and step on it even a little bit. Smaller, more expensive, but very nicely done is the Audi S4. All of the little things are right on this car, but it is the last year of this version.

A Very Good Sedan
By OC_Sedan on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

An excellent sedan. Quiet, roomy, comfortable, great steering and brakes. Controls are logical and have the right feel. Not as fast as a G35, but much quieter, better ride, much more logical switch gear, useable side mirrors (size) and, best of all, no snow moblie noise the minute you step on it. More room than a TL and no torque steer. TL is nice and worth a look if a little less room will work for you same with an M45. The car will grow on you as you drive it as all of the little things are right. Prior years owners are VERY satisfied with this car. My reliability score is based on what I have read.