Used 2004 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus Gs-300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )

Nice Ride!
By One Happy Camper

2004 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Lexus really knows how to satisfy their buyers. My experience from the time I set foot on the dealership floor until I drove off with my brand new car was fantastic. The car drives like a dream and has the fit-and-finish that would leave even the most critical buyer in awe. The sound system is great and the navigation is easy to use. The use of high quality materials is apparent on both the interior and exterior of the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Navigation and stereo system, smooth ride; high build quality on everything you touch.

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk opening, 17-inch rims standard. Other than that, the car is perfect!

Best car I've ever owned
By gbmullin

2004 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Aside from a problem on delievery with the front right strut, this has been the best car I've ever owned. Handling., reliability, and comfort are exceptional.

Favorite Features

Handling, both at higway speed and in city traffic

Suggested Improvements

Front struts appear to be sensivtive to potholes and easily damaged.

GS 300
By Raquel's Present

Low maintenace, good quality vehicle. Superceeds BMW 525

Wife's Baby
By Scotspal

2004 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife loves it - I am more of a critical reviewer. It is an extremely nice car. However, I am surprised by several negatives. There is no engine compartment light under the hood - I've never seen that on a car. There are visible "Staples" on the carpet where it runs up under the dashboard and on the trunk bed liner - Strange for a luxury car. The mileage compares very favorably with my other vehicles, the only drawback is it requires premium fuel. That said, I think it is superior in many ways to offerings from Mercedes and BMW. In fact we first tested an Infinity G35. After testing the Lexus there was no comparison.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, Looks Good, Ample Power, Quiet, Color (Blue Onyx: Constantly receiving complements from people), One touch button on raising the windows, Solid feel

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk, Increased rear leg room, In-dash CD Changer, Engine compartment light, Transmission Dipstick needs to be relocated slightly, Re-design Footrest for drivers left foot, Relocate Turn signal indicators on dash so they are more visible to the driver.

Very nice looking car
By spike

2004 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well built car and it turns head! Took a test drive and love it. Its like gliding on ice, very smooth.

Favorite Features

Navigation and Xenon light. Speed sensing steering wheel. Nice ride. Never ending power....

Suggested Improvements

Price?