2004 Lexus GS 300 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus Gs-300 - Consumer Reviews

2004 GS 300 Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

No longer fun to browse for cars
By Dustin

2004 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My GS 300 spoiled me, but I didn't realize it until I started looking at other cars online. I used to do it for fun, just to fantasize about what I might enjoy. I was lucky enough to find my 04 model with the Nav/Lev package, which has more than proven itself. Now I don't even have fun looking at other cars. I just can't imagine that it would get any better than the reliability, extreme level of comfort, and total owner satisfaction that I have experienced over the past year and a half. My first lexus was a 96 ES 300, which was replaced with this one. As long as I am able, I will never purchase another vehicle.

Favorite Features

Looks, performance, sound, navigation system, awesome A/C, decent fuel economy, interior comfort.

another lexus joy
By mamasita

2004 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

i have owned the rx300, the new es300, the is300 sportcross. i loved the reliability of all of them. i did not care for the es styling. i loved the is 300 sport cross for city living. but the gs 300 is the best.. combo of luxury, space, safety, and lexus quality. ac is perfect. and it drives like a dream

WOW
By Philip's

2004 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just a beautifully designed vehicle. Sales experience was excellent, not pushy. Service is unbelievable. For a bigger car handles very well. Features are well thought out and very intuitive Lots of space for passengers and great sound system. Highly recommend this car

Favorite Features

Smooth ride. Easy and intuitive to operate gadgets and such. Service/Service/Service!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Bigger wheel options.

Buy it now!!
By HHGSOwner

2004 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my C-Class and am completely thrilled. GS-300 has plenty of power, don't listen to the nay sayers!! Smooth, quiet, touch of understeer which I happen to like. Test drove the A-6, new E-class, 5 series, and TL; this one beat them all out, and got an amazing deal with payments less than my 2002 C-Class!! Buy this car!

Favorite Features

Interior is amazing; none of that spaceship brushed aluminum garbage. Amazingly quiet and refined.

Suggested Improvements

Milage computer and controls for audio on the steering wheel are the only things that come to mind.

Super Lexus GS300
By Vernice

2004 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2003 Lexus in Dec. of 2002. I had done my research on it for about 9 months before purchasing. I compared it to the S-type Jaguar,300 Mercedes and also against the Lexus ES300. I found it to be more appealing in style and performance. The sound system (Mark Levinson) is surperb. There can not be a better navigation system. So easy to operate. It has great pick up with no hesitation. I would buy another one in a minute. Great car!!!!

Favorite Features

Favorite features: Navigation system, Sound system (Mark Levinson). Also I like the seat adjustment for myself and also the individual heating and colling system

Suggested Improvements

The glove compartment could be a bit larger. Also the trunk space is tight.The second outlet for a phone adapter is located inside the arm rest. Very inconvenient. But none of this takes away from the car.

GREAT CAR!!!
By KevinTran

2004 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, reliable, smooth, and very sleek compared to rival German and Domestic Cars.

Favorite Features

VVT-i makes shifting between gears unnoticeable unlike BMW, Mercedes, and Jaguar. VVT-i kicks in at about 2,500rpm making it seem like stock turbo.

Suggested Improvements

for a more agressive street racing performance, the GS needs to be lowered about half to an inch with L-tuned springs and strut bars for turns around 40mph.

sporty and reliable
By jarrett

2004 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

my experience with this vechile has been very fun. Style Power And sport all names this performance sedan. I also have to say that the trunk has made bigger improvments in space leather is more rich. And the vsc is wonderful in the winter time. Its pricing is very good to because its not as high as bmws 5 series and not as high as mercedes benz E Class.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, VSC, Veneilated disc brakes, Heated Seats and ECT.

Suggested Improvements

all wheel drive bigger trunkm space be3tter fuel economy. Lets say 19 in the city and 28 on the highway.More horse power for road rage and faster o- 60. Lets say 6.8 seconds.

the car is the best car i have evea been
By aaron jason

2004 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

well i dont have this car but my friend doz and it realy took my heart away the frist time i got in to it i was stund at the smooth'ness and how u can not hear the engen as other make's. all in all this car if it where up to me would be the best car known and on the road! im saveing 4 1 now and i will get it! there realy is no qustion about this car im geting it and that's that!! ps it realy is a beautifull lovey sexy car and will not stop loveing it.

Favorite Features

i love the way u press a botten on the key pad and the window's and seat's will move in to the stord postion!that has been set. it realy is out standing the shape of the car is tooo nice 4 word's i would put it as it look's like a prince on the road!

Suggested Improvements

well i realy dont know what to suggested, coz of the fact that the car is tooo good 4 word's i aint even got this car but my friend has and he did not have it 4 too long due to the fact that the the fuel was a lot 4 him! but i would love to ask if i could get sent any off the new gs300

GS300
By Ronie Ling

2004 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth drive. It feels good when you drive this car. One of the best model and I like the style both exterior and interior

NEVER had a problem..Not even one
By fg1111111

2004 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

switched from Mercedes to Lexus for the looks and now have 3 of them in the family and have never even had one prblem with any of them..knock on wood...but they as reliable as they can be

Favorite Features

reliability

Suggested Improvements

small detail.. the lever to open the fuel door is hard to see at night and is in an awkward location...but thats it..have to be pretty picky to find this as the key improvement