2003 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (43 reviews )
Reliabilty, are you kidding me?
By Lexus??? on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car, instead of the Mercedes I used to drive as a "change of pace". My friends bragged about how great their Lexus' were. Boy did they fool me. The cars electronics are bad, bad, bad. The stereo system cuts in and out, the CD players skips and the sunroof leaks. My airbag lite is always on and my dealer can't fix it. I think they are tired of seeing me. The ride stinks, this is not a performance car. The ride in this car is something my grandparents might enjoy. Too mushy, handles badly.

SPORTY BLACK BEAUTY
By Ice Parker on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just got the Sport Edition GS300 and, after only 2,000 miles, it is a luxurious dream machine. Black with saddle leather interior, euro tuned, great features and fine classic looks. A fine value of a MB exterior clone with a BMW drive-train.

brief notes
By skuzle on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Car is fun to drive, responsive when needed, although it's an older design, still get compliments and looks from other motorists.

Lexus Test
By J Kim on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Value is excellent. Smooth and silky ride at any speed. They put the money in the right places.

SPORT EDITION SPORTS SADDLE
By JoeMar on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best balance of value, luxury and reliability in this class. Not as arrogant as the BMW nor as costly as the MB. We just got ours but it is impressive to us already. GS300, Sport Edition, Black with Saddle Leather perforated. Did not get ML audio or NAV.

GS300 SportDesign GREAT VALUE!
By eckool on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd lexus. I have been in love with this car since year 2000 (Platinum Series), but I didn't have an opportunity to get it at that time. Now I have a chance to own it. All I can say is SWEET. 0-60 in 7.8 sec, graphite wheels, new tail designs, etc.

I fell in love!!!
By eoh on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2000 GS300 two weeks ago with 36K miles on it. I was trying to decide between a new Beetle converible and a used RX300... and then I saw this. I knew right away it was exactly what I wanted. I spent a little more than I had originally planned, but it is worth every penny. In one week, I have absolutely fallen in love with this car. As long as I live, as much money as I ever make, I will never need more car than this. It's stylish, luxurious and powerful. It's one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. I commute 1-1/2 hours to work and this car puts a smile on my face every day. Makes a great first impression but is not overdone.

What a Car
By ZNRED on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Now have close to 5,000 miles on our GS300, have taken a trip or two and enjoy driving it more each day. The Mark Levinson sound system is tremendous as is the Nav system. The car averages between 28-29 MPG on the road at 70-75 MPH. The dealership experience was great, unlike BMW dealers who seem to think they rank a step or two above the consumer!

GS 300
By RAL on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

GS 300's in-line 6 is a clone of the BMW. We got BMW type acceleration and Lexus quality. The car has more of a luxury ride than the 5 series and the steering is more relaxed but the GS has more luxury, features and realiability than the Bimmers. One other note, our Lexus dealer treated us right from the get go. Every BMW dealer in town that we visited acted as though they were heirs to the English crown. Over the top arrogant attitudes and some salesmen had less than acceptable level of knowledge of their own products 3 and 5 series. BTW- the 325 are made in S. Africa not Germany.

This is my 2nd lexus gs300
By chasjr. on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I leased gs300 in 12/99. I loved the car so much i leased a 03 gs300 when returned the 00. This time the car has mark lev audio and nav. hid headlights. This has to be the best car i ever leased.