Used 2003 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lexus Gs-300 - Consumer Reviews

2003 Lexus GS 300

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (43 reviews )

Superb Ride
By sivadiel

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle, superb ride and comfort. Build quality is better than any other vehicle I have owned. Dealership experience is actually worthy of the vehicle. Only complaint, and it's minor, is the amount of power available. Could use 25 more HP and 25+ft/lbs of tourque

Favorite Features

Ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

More power.

a "sure thing" / "safe bet"
By jersey owner

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I found that the car tends to get really boring really quickly. The steering feel is isolated from the road, and acceleration is VERY poor at low speeds. After about 30mph though, the car has some decent pickup. There is alot of lightweight material in the dash, the moonroof cover is loose and rattles at high speeds. There is alot more wind noise on the highway than i would have expected. For a blah 6 cylander engine, fuel economy on this car is pretty disappointing. Especially for a Toyota product. Lastly, with the standard issue tires, this car is utterly useless in the rain. I'm going to replace them soon.

Favorite Features

Crisp, clean dash. Smooth cushy relaxing ride.

Suggested Improvements

improve torque in the lower gears. better road feel. i mean i can buy the ES or the LS if i want to get that boat like luxury feeling. AWD option. Better mileage.

Lexus GS 300
By emebane

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fun car to drive. Looks good on the road. Acceleration is a bit slow initially but car has power. Blind spot is large. Gas mileage is standard. Quite, smooth ride. Hand conrols are easy to use.

Favorite Features

Cruise control is easy to use. Many luxury features including sun roof, seat warmers and 6-CD exchanger in glove compartment. Teloscopic steering wheel is a neat feature. Fits tall persos well.

Suggested Improvements

Mark Levsinson stereo system should be standard for the price. Acceleration is too slow and needs to be improved. More wood paneling to proide a more luxurious look than the ES 300.

The squeak that sank the Lexus
By unhappy in dallas

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second (and last) GS 300. The first one was incredible. It was 2.5 yr old when we sold it and bought the new one. Our new one, since day one, has had squeaks, creaks and groans from the dash that the dealership has been unable to fix. Thought I would trade it in for a new one (it is only 5 mo old). Was told the dealership would give me $33k. About $8k depreciation in 5 months. Finish out detail problems like what I am experiencing are amazing for a 'luxury' car maker like Lexus. Learned my lesson. Next time- BMW here I come.

Best Car I ever bought
By cube

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I ever bought. It rides smooth and you can barley feel the car shift gears. I like the Bodystyle also. Its perfect if you want to put bigger rims on it.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Better Gas Mileage.