Used 2003 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (43 reviews )

My first Lexus set the standard for me
By haultj

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife new in late 2002. We loaded it with every option including the Mark Levison audio and the Navigation. We also looked at the Audi A6 and the Lincoln LS-E. The GS300 was hands down the winner. There was no comparison. The fit and finish of this car is amazing. The styling of the exterior was what really made the decision for us. The interior is so amazingly comfortable and everything just fits well and works well. The Lexus navigation was so much better than the Audi and Lincoln. We both love this car and bought a second Lexus when I was ready to replace my SUV.

The Navigation is the best! My wife says that I have a relationship with it because it speaks in a female voice and I sometimes "argue" with "her".

How do you improve perfection? The only recommendation that I could make is it needs a more powerful engine. For the look of this car on the outside it should fly but instead it does not accelerate well from a stand still.

Greatest car ever!
By Jeremy

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want styling, design, reliability, performance and comfort, this is the car for you! The car is super quiet! Sound system is awesome! Couldn't ask for a better car! (BMW & Mercedes can't touch it!)

The ride, power, design!

None<

GS300 SportDesign
By Craig

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a 95 LS400 which had 173000 miles and still going strong. The GS300 car handles as good as my 91 corvette without the harsh ride. It is firmer than the LS400 but not harsh. The inline 6 cylinder is smooth as silk. Took a long trip and got 26.5 MPG; in 5th gear at 70mph it is turning 2800 RPM,which seems high for overdrive (compared to 2200RPM on the LS400). This car is an excellent blend of performance and luxury. The brakes are much more responsive than I am used to, but really prefer that. You must drive one of these, very impressive!

Inline 6 cylinder, responsive transmission, good gas mileage

Reduce RPM in 5th gear

GS 300 Review
By csrb7007

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very enjoyable car, this vehicle exudes quality and craftsmanship. Everyone who has ridden in this vehicle loves it. I wish I'd bought a Lexus sooner!

Nothing better than this!!!
By Amy

2003 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a dream. Every day I get in and thank heaven that I went with Lexus instead of something else. Service departments are ALWAYS easy to work with (and I have worked with four different dealership service depts). Handling is great, brakes are amazing, and I could never be without navigation again. Nothing says luxury, dependability, and safety better than the Lexus GS300!!

vehicle skid control navigation duel climate control sound system

Put sound system controls on the steering wheel. That's it!