2002 Lexus GS 300 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - What a combination of luxury

2002 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Review

2002 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

What a combination of luxury and fun!
By mrd1 on

2002 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Lexus GS 300 Sport Design. What a wonderful car! I needed something larger and more civilized than the Corvette I previously drove, but also wanted a car that was tight and handled well. Although I wouldn't say the car was quick, the power is perfectly acceptable and top speed (140mph) demonstrates the car can move. Absolutely great on the highway. You'll feel great starting this car everyday. Features are excellent for the money, dealer experience was truly painless and like none I had previously experienced. I was considering a BMW but tired of the attitudes of sales staff. Lexus quality is also obvious.

Favorite Features

Smooth and quiet, excellent fit and finish, outstanding stereo (standard), nice road feel, great AC.

Suggested Improvements

The styling is a bit unusual but grows on you. Not sure I will use the push- button manual shift feature....might prefer this feature using the gearshift in manual mode instead. improvements.