2002 Lexus GS 300 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Very Satisfied in SoCal

2002 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Very Satisfied in SoCal
By Mark Flannery on

2002 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car via the Internet from Lexus of Westminster, CA for their cost. The transaction was fast, businesslike and pain-free. After looking at the competition (Acura, Infiniti, BMW et al) I decided on the Lexus for its combination of style, reliability, performance, comfort and price. Although there's a few things I'd change, I'm quite satisfied with this car and expect to be even more so as time goes by. There have been no problems whatever during the first 8,000 miles.

Favorite Features

This car handles and rides like butter. Steering is effortless, it's more comfortable than I ever imagined, and I love its looks. The basic sound system is more than enough for all but audiophiles. All dashboard controls are logically placed and easy to operate.

Suggested Improvements

From a dead stop, the accelerator hesitates a bit sometimes. More headroom would be nice. The transmission shift buttons on the steering wheel are not practical. Rear side vision is impeded because of the roof pillars. Finally, it could use a bit more power.