2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (34 reviews )
Lots of power
By Nick on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car in September of 2002, and I love it, but it is almost impossible to drive in the snow. There is a traction control button, but it is basically worthless when you drive over 10 mph. I will probably sell it before next winter, but for those of you who have the fotune not to deal with snow, I highly recommend this car.

gs 300 w gps
By absinvestor on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am a realtor and gps saves time and clients love it. Couldn't live without it!!!

Fun to Drive
By fars on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had just finished a bad experience with Jaguar and was looking for a sporty and fun to drive car that had that European flair.Looked at BMW but went back to Lexus only this time the GS 300 sportdesign model. I thought about the GS430 but figured the speeding tickets were not worth it. The GS300 is a great car,fast enough on the highway with a great ride and finish,if you can buy one.

GS300 Sport
By fs on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The GS300 is a pure delight to drive,the car is fun to drive,excellent ride with Sports design package. The interior is well laid out and very comfortable. If there is one area of improvement it would be to increase horsepower,that could be done by dropping in a twin turbo like the Toyota Supra or increasing the size of the engine. The car is very reliable with no problems to date.

Very Satisfied in SoCal
By Mark Flannery on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car via the Internet from Lexus of Westminster, CA for their cost. The transaction was fast, businesslike and pain-free. After looking at the competition (Acura, Infiniti, BMW et al) I decided on the Lexus for its combination of style, reliability, performance, comfort and price. Although there's a few things I'd change, I'm quite satisfied with this car and expect to be even more so as time goes by. There have been no problems whatever during the first 8,000 miles.

lots of fun
By tootsie on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A very good overall car,fun to drive. It is certainly not a sports car. It has a plush and very confortable ride.Great on long trips. The seats adjust very nicely to you and the lumbar support is good.

What a combination of luxury and fun!
By mrd1 on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Lexus GS 300 Sport Design. What a wonderful car! I needed something larger and more civilized than the Corvette I previously drove, but also wanted a car that was tight and handled well. Although I wouldn't say the car was quick, the power is perfectly acceptable and top speed (140mph) demonstrates the car can move. Absolutely great on the highway. You'll feel great starting this car everyday. Features are excellent for the money, dealer experience was truly painless and like none I had previously experienced. I was considering a BMW but tired of the attitudes of sales staff. Lexus quality is also obvious.

sexy lexy
By hiyo silver on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely an amazing car, everything I've always looked for. Great stereo, Nav System, zenon lights, cd changer in dash, heated seats, memory package, graet interior (second to none much better than mbz,bmw)-- why get anything upgraded? Great service from dealership always with a smile.

almost perfect
By djlink on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Even though this model has been around since 98 I still get nice comments quite often. The ride is fine for me, I'm not throwing it around corners so the luxury is my priority. Switched to michelin pilots after 500 miles, goodyear tires were inferior. Only changes I would suggest are quite minor; 4-spoke wheel with radio controls and improved trunk hinges to avoid crushing luggage. Pretty minor items. Dealer service is just what you expect and more, I'd be hard pressed to ever consider another make of car.

Lexus
By Bill Murray on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It is obvious that quality means everything to the people at Lexus. My car is without a doubt, the best built automobile that I have ever owned. I own the GS 300 and the six cylinder engine in this car is surprisingly responsive and you have to drive it to appreciate how quit it is on the road. When you put the "pedal to the metal", you feel the acceleration, but you don't hear it.! I look forward to getting behind the wheel and putting it through the paces. I am sure that I will enjoy this car for many, many years.