Used 2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (34 reviews )

I Love My GS
By RyansGS

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ever since I bought my GS I've had nothing but fun. I have 20 inch wheels on it and it's dropped on tanabe spring. I would tell anyone get this car it's worth every penny. On top of everything Lexus service is the best.

Luxury inside, comfy ride, highway speed, inline-6.

More horsepower, radio steering control.

A GREAT car
By A Happy Teen

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just got a used 2002 Lexus GS300 for a Christmas present (as my first car!). It is really an amazing car. It's 7 or 8 years old with around 96K miles on it, but it still drives like a new car. I'm always getting compliments about it. The standard 6 CD changer is amazing, and the audio has an amazing bass system. The styling is absolutely amazing (but I'm not crazy about the tail lights). This car hasn't broken down in the 7 years it's been on the road. Gas mileage stinks, but it's a big SAFE car (6 airbags). I'd rather have a heavy safe car than a light car with good gas mileage any day. Take the weight and safety.

The L6 engine, the 6CD audio system, the sunroof, the steering wheel paddle shifter, the power tilt wheel, automatic climate control.

Wood trim on the steering wheel and shift knob. Tail lights look too much like a Chevy Impala's. The round lights look great in the front... but not in the back.

Lovin' it (so far)
By Delta Diva

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car used this week and it was in excellent condition. Not too many miles for a used car. It is fully loaded, great sound system, wonderful AC, smooth ride, and so far no problems. I also got it at the blue book value (not overpriced).

Everything!

None that I can find at this time. I am fully aware of "buyer beware", so I am hoping everything is okay.

Still loving it
By zeeshan

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It takes me 6 months to get bored of a new car. I have owned my GS (Sports Design) for over 2 years now and I am still enjoying it. That should say a lot about this car. No car is perfect. GS300 is very slow from 0 to 60 (over 8 seconds)by today's standards. I have the regular (not Mark Levinson) stereo which is so so, it has a small trunk size and the gas mileage is really bad. On the plus side, it has a very comfortable plush ride and build quality is great. Dealership (Stevens Creek Lexus) and after sales service is superb. For performance, BMW 530i might be a better choice. For reliability and comfort, GS is ahead.

Soft ride, build quality, comfortable seats. Its a Lexus!

Power! This car needs more power and better road grip. Improve 0 to 60 time to under 7 seconds. There are minivans with faster 0 to 60 time.

I want my BMW 5 series back
By ParkPlaceBAD-TX

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My GS has been in the shop 10+ times. Sounds like a friggin alian spaceship landing in the FR at 40-55, Lexus says "it's normal" but they can't reproduce on another car. Replaced the rack, tires & other parts with no results. Slight presure on the brakes & the noise goes away but they won't replace the caliper - too logical maybe? First 8mo they said "absolutly, there's a problem", now they claim it's fixed & it's normal noise. Also, the car wanders horribly on the highway, that's why they replaced the rack - no change. They took the front end out of spec & did help the drift but it's still miserable. A bit of wind on the road pushes me around, bummer huh?

Auto recirculating air works well, pretty good seats, it's quiet, very reliable. *** NOT *** the service at Park Place Lexus in Plano TX?

1) EXORCISE THE ALIENS. 2) FIX MY STEERING. All in all - most things are designed pretty well. FORSALE - 2002 GS300 with 15k miles - exciting to drive at high speeds and comes complete with alian spacecraft sound effects.

• SUV