Used 2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus Gs-300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (34 reviews )

Long Term Review '02 GS 300
By jtrane

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in '02 for $40k. It's been a very good car, now at 230,000 miles. Everything works. Gets 23-24 in mixed drving and 25-26 on hwy still. burns 1 qt every 2k miles but i can live with that. hazy plastic headlights are a problem, requiring one of those resto kits. thats a small item and the rest of the car is v good. xlnt leather trim. quiet engine. i'll buy another gs and i hope the newer engine design is as reliable, quiet and fun as the I-6. dealer service is awfully $$$ and if you can find a competent and honest independent, go with that. better value than a 5 series or E300.

Favorite Features

Leather Quiet engine

Suggested Improvements

Better headlights counter springing in the trunk

Lexus GS 300 is a good car
By JJ

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new in '02 for $39,500 and i still like it a lot. at 200k miles, it still runs quietly and smoothly. I'll get another one soon. A very few complaints and they are too minor to mention. I'm in sales and it's perfect for that. Dealer service is too expensive but if you can find an honest independent, go with that.

Favorite Features

Great leather. Smooth inline 6.

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk would be nice.

Love My GS 300
By LuvLexus

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 2002 GS 300 for 6 years. It now has 167,000 miles on it and it has been an awesome car. All I have done is had it's regular oil changes, changed a belt or two and have had absolutely no issues at all with this car. I prefer driving mine over the newer Lexus loaners I have driven. My car is solid, still drives smoothly, quietly & is quite dependable. This is by far the best car I have ever driven and would definitely buy another Lexus due to it's superior quality and performance.

Favorite Features

smooth drive, quiet ride, customized leather seat, Lexus Premium Stereo System and sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Better hinges for trunk lid that doesn't fall while you are unloading the trunk.

Buy One!
By LexusinTexas

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned our GS300 for 7 years now and have had nothing but excellent service from it. It is a terrific automobile! In these 7 yrs., other than routine maintenance, we've only had to replace 3 bulbs. It has been a perfect car. Wife drives it mostly and loves it. Plan to go close to 200,000 miles with it.

Favorite Features

Styling, smooth operation, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

None

02 Lexus GS 300 Soldiers On
By 2002 gs 300

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a very good car for me, a salesman traveling around Ohio, Ky and Indiana. At 191,000 miles, it runs exactly as it did when I bought it new. I have one complaint-it uses a qt of oil abt every 1,400 miles in the last year, using full synthetic. I still get compliments on the millennium silver color and the light grey leather interior. The handling and acceleration are crisp, for the size of the car. A good value!

Favorite Features

Silky smooth inline 6.

Suggested Improvements

None, really.