Used 2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (28 reviews )

Great Car, Love it!
By Great Car

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 85k last month, great for a 10 year old car. It is truly a wonderful car. I immediately changed oil, front rotors, front pads, rear pads and rear rotors(all were original). I have put about 3k miles in about month. This car rides like its brand new. This is definitely a keeper. If you can a find one with good miles, you cant go wrong. I checked all the review sights prior to buying. No one believes it's 10 years old when I tell them. It looks and rides great.

Styling, gas mileage, smooth ride, quick acceleration.

Best car ever
By rpin

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I'm writing this to help all that are looking to purchase this car, I have a gs with 183.000 miles and still feels like a car with at least 70.000, this car has never giving me problems is extremely reliable and possibly the best car I have ever own, fun to drive, and with the aftermarket suspension that I put on it, it feels more sporty than ever.

look, comfortable seats, engine

radio

Love my Lexus!
By missy

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my car used in June of 2009 with about 123k miles. The previous owner already changed the timing belt and water pump. The dealer gave me an old change and new front brakes. I had to replace the contacts on the starter (about $85 including labor), flushed the transmission, new spark plugs & replaced some engine seals. I didn't do all this work at once though. I expected to do a little maintenance since it was a used car.

I love the drive of my car and at 133k miles, I can get another 200k miles as long as I maintain it. The engine has a good pick up to it-it just takes off.

Reduce the cost of the navigation maps! No complaints here.

LOVE This Car!!!!
By Brian

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is by far the best automobile I've purchased. Extremely reliable and has 115k miles on it... only minor standard maintenance required. Engine performance is very good, firm acceleration, but a few more horses under the hood, I wouldn't turn down. The car is almost 10 years old and the only thing that has needed fixing (above regular minor maintenance) is the rear drivers-side electric door-lock motor. $375 to fix, but was getting very annoying because it was affecting the car alarm when using the keyless entry. Overall; I rate this car an easy 9 outta 10. LOVE IT !!!

Love the transmission performance cradle switch (Standard ==> Sport).

CD changer would be great if it was IN-DASH... instead of in the glove compartment. Layout of dash board buttons & controls could be improved a bit.

Great Car
By R. H. Jackson

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and have been very pleased. The Homelink malfunctioned during the warranty period and was replaced. The only other problem was the radio display which was replaced recently when the car was nine years old. The car runs and drives like new. It is by far the best car I have ever owned.

Inline six cylinder engine, leather interior.

A bit more power, better cupholders.