2000 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )
Great GS
By Vince on 10/08/07 13:13 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I just traded in my 2000 Volvo s80 T6 for this 2000 GS. Wow, what a great car! The car shifts gears so smooth you can't even tell when it shifts. Performance is way better than than what it says on the website. I have ran 0-60 in about 5.9-6.5. There is no way it takes 7.7 to get to 60. The regular stereo doesn't have enough bass or speakers so get the mark levinson one. The leather seats are very soft but at the same time hold you in place as you go around a curv. Reliability is excellent. When I bought this car the lexus mechanic said this is the best inline 6 engine made. All around this is a great car.

GS 300 Platinum
By DanO on 04/25/06 15:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Drives smooth and like it's on a rail. Low and wide and stable - it looks lowered, but it's not. Pearl color is beautiful. Moonroof is real quiet when open, whereas the Acura RL we tested was noisy. Leather is real soft and comfy, even tho I was not a leather guy when buying. The sound system is the best I have ever heard in an uncustomized setup. WOW! My wife had to have this car, and now I'm glad we got it. Trouble free, quiet, dependable, sporty and luxury.

Best Car Ever
By bill on 03/02/06 07:46 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I'm a salesmanager and travel extensively. I trade cars every 2 years until now. My GS is the finest most trouble-free vehicle I've ever owned. And my Lexus dealer is more than terrific. Comfort, handling, looks, are all top notch. The ONLY complaints would be lack of steering wheel controls for sound system and the requirement of premium fuel for a car with modest (200) horespower. A more accurate quote would be,"Lexus, there really isn't any substitute"

Runs Perfect at 100,000 miles!
By DWF on 02/23/06 20:14 PM (PST)

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

My 2000 GS300 was purchased used off eBay at a good price in June 2005 with 90k miles. No rust, ran perfect, great shape. But, I decided to refresh it anyway by replacing all rotors (drilled/slotted), brakes, timing belt, water pump, complete tune-up, alignment, replaced cam seals, flushed and replaced all fluids and had it detailed. It looks and runs like a brand new car. Best car I ever owned old or new in 20 yrs. You can really feel the quality that went into the design and construction. Ride is smooth and quiet, shifts like silk, sound system very nice. At 100,000 miles now, it is just getting broken in and should last another 200,000. Highly recommend!

I love my car!
By Dj on 01/23/05 01:42 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This is my second car and I love it. I have changed very little things to it such as 3 tvs and the IS 19' inch chrome rims. I also have a spoiler on it. The car has a quiet ride and has a very smooth ride also.

I've had problems
By kolo on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

The GS300 is not the best-but good. For the price I expected more luxury.. treated well at the dealer is nice. I have ongoing problems with my 1 touch pwr driver wind closing half way,a noisy sunroof visor(closed), the LCD display on the AM/FM/CD comes in only half way(a 5 looks like a 0) I am told these are common. Annoying for what I paid! 33K used Driven several times from Seattle to the Bay&LA and have 82K miles. The struts/rods need to be replaced @ $800 and the belt is wearing out prematurly. TheLexus is a solid car, but has not been trouble free for me. -concider the newer GS '01 and above Gas milage and premium gas runs me $39.00 every 5-6 day

Almost Perfect
By Bill Osters on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Quality oozes from this car. Styling, handling,comfort, and space are all excetional. The ride is pure pleasure and not a rattle anywhere.

Great ownership experience
By Lexus owner Jim on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This car was great. Very comfortable ride and most important to me, NO HASSLES! During 4 years of ownership, I had no mechanical or other problems. I just changed the oil and filled up the gas tank.

My GS
By jblexgs on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Flawless, solid. Feels and performs like a new car after 48,000 miles. Build quality is beyond anything in its class. I know why the doemstics are dying.

lexus does it right...again
By lovelexus on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

this car is hands down the most awesome car on the market! Never gave me a single problem, i've been a lexus driver for 10 years,recently replacing my ES for the new GS, perfect ride,awesome nav., and super interior design-plus, it always takes me to the dealer to pick up my sister when her benz breaks down.