2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )
BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!!
By clublexusgs300 on 04/22/14 12:51 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

i bought this car a year ago with 150k on it. i did a royal purple synthetic oil change along with royal purple trans fluid. This CAR IS AMAZING. The 3.0 v6 will get up pretty quick if you have it switched to the power mode. The car is extremely comfortable with plenty of space to put stuff. For as big and roomy as the car is you wouldn't know while driving, it feels like a fun little sports car, and the shift in the transmission is almost not even noticeable. i now have almost 200k and it looks and feels like it has under 100kI put someHID headlights& led tail lights and put some nice wheels and tires on it and it turns heads. This is the best car that i have ever owned.

Bought 2000 GS in 2010!
By boinz on 05/24/12 09:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have never bought a 10 year old car before. But it was roomy for my 6'3" frame and 275 lbs! I found a 1 owner Car Fax certified model with 94,000 miles. Beside routine maintenance, I had work down on memory front seat and upper and lower control arms in the front. I have not regretted buying it.

lexus gs300
By ael77 on 10/29/11 11:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

i had a gs300 for a long time it has about 140,000 miles on it n it runs great built great good quality the interior is nice seats r comfortable n so is the ride performance is good i like sports cars but the peformance is good enough its an 11 year old car n i still drive it like a sports car so it can handle the abuse not that i do but sometimes i need to boogy the top speed i ever did on it is about 125mph n im not scared to boogy on it cuz i know it can handle it the snow option helps out alot in the snow with good tires for n rearwheel drive its pretty good doesnt need alot of maintenace n the sound system is pretty good on the platinum edition so its a good car still runs awesome

Great Car, Love it!
By Great Car on 08/10/10 21:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 85k last month, great for a 10 year old car. It is truly a wonderful car. I immediately changed oil, front rotors, front pads, rear pads and rear rotors(all were original). I have put about 3k miles in about month. This car rides like its brand new. This is definitely a keeper. If you can a find one with good miles, you cant go wrong. I checked all the review sights prior to buying. No one believes it's 10 years old when I tell them. It looks and rides great.

Best car ever
By rpin on 07/22/10 06:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I'm writing this to help all that are looking to purchase this car, I have a gs with 183.000 miles and still feels like a car with at least 70.000, this car has never giving me problems is extremely reliable and possibly the best car I have ever own, fun to drive, and with the aftermarket suspension that I put on it, it feels more sporty than ever.

Love my Lexus!
By missy on 11/17/09 09:02 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my car used in June of 2009 with about 123k miles. The previous owner already changed the timing belt and water pump. The dealer gave me an old change and new front brakes. I had to replace the contacts on the starter (about $85 including labor), flushed the transmission, new spark plugs & replaced some engine seals. I didn't do all this work at once though. I expected to do a little maintenance since it was a used car.

LOVE This Car!!!!
By Brian on 09/04/09 16:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is by far the best automobile I've purchased. Extremely reliable and has 115k miles on it... only minor standard maintenance required. Engine performance is very good, firm acceleration, but a few more horses under the hood, I wouldn't turn down. The car is almost 10 years old and the only thing that has needed fixing (above regular minor maintenance) is the rear drivers-side electric door-lock motor. $375 to fix, but was getting very annoying because it was affecting the car alarm when using the keyless entry. Overall; I rate this car an easy 9 outta 10. LOVE IT !!!

Great Car
By R. H. Jackson on 02/21/09 07:20 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and have been very pleased. The Homelink malfunctioned during the warranty period and was replaced. The only other problem was the radio display which was replaced recently when the car was nine years old. The car runs and drives like new. It is by far the best car I have ever owned.

Still the best car
By JDM Superstar on 10/07/08 13:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I wish I have all the money to own it since new, anyway, purchased at 66k miles for $12k, just put another 5000, so far, did tune-up, O2 sensor replaced. Looks new and still shiny paint.

Wishing I'd Never Purchased It
By Dissatisfied on 12/07/07 16:00 PM (PST)

2000 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car and, prior to close, had to force them to give me new tires as my "certified" vehicle tires were badly worn. Nicks, chips, in excess of what one would expect for a car with 22k miles. Within a few months, the radio numbers were barely visible. Minor repairs still covered by warranty were required. Now at $83K, I would have spent $5K fixing items but for the fact that I deferred a $1400 service that would be a "nice to have" and the dealer will pay for the labor on a power steering column I have to replace after doing a $2700 service two weeks ago. I should have kept ES300; 208K miles without the problems I'm having here at 82K. Terrible snow handling.