1999 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (1 review )
gs 300/
By ti on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

great car-I love it--also great car in the snow

Lexus 4 years and Running
By David-Lexus 99 on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Overall good car. Had to replace battery at 36,000 miles and the front caliper at 51,000 miles.Had the front seat redied at 33,000.They were looking kinda worn. The transmission kinda acts weird on these models when they are cold. But have had no problems with it. I have had it in on all factory visits and the dealership has done the work.

Return trip on business
By eaglesfan on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I drove my business partner's 99 gs300 back from atrip we took together to Maryland about 200 miles away. He was under the weather and asked me to drive. I was very impressed with the power of this six cylinder and while this was primarily highway driving and not as demanding as some windy back roads-handling was solid. Goes 0-60 very quick and 60-80 mph in the blink of an eye. This vehicle represents build quality Lexus is famous for providing. I probably will buy a used gs300 or gs 400 very soon.

Love It! Best Car (for me) Ever!
By Bruce O on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

As a few others have said, and I will say again this is the BEST car when it comes to combining luxury and performance, what a real treat to drive. I read one of these reviews that said it hesitated on starting out, in three years, I've NEVER had a problem. In fact, I feel safe knowing I have all of the power of the GS300 with me! One thing, watch out for the Lexus service Depts, they tend to charge everyone as if we make $300,000 a year.... I LOVE my GS 300....even after 3 years.

An excellent car that turns heads!
By clyde on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This is my second GS300 - improvements galore from earlier model! Sleek, excellent performance, quiet ride, takes off like a rocket! Had to get another radio (display failed) under warranty. Otherwise, your family members will envy you!!

Great Car! A lot better than Expected
By Cally on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This is a great car! It has greatly exceeded my expectations. I bout a pre- owned GS 300 with 36K miles. The balance between performance and luxury is just right! On top of that you have lexus service and reliability I drove the car at 90mph and it felt rock solid! It has the right balance for both everyday and highway driving. I'm anxious to take my first long trip.

Love this car!
By Pick on 03/17/02 23:24 PM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This is the second GS 300 I have had, and it only gets better. I love driving the car, it has lots of performance, a nice ride, and it looks great.

Lexus GS300
By evh on 03/09/02 20:22 PM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This is my second Lexus and I have been very happy with it. I am adding this review because I couldn't stand seeing it only at a 5! My car is reliable, fun to drive, and a head turner. I will definitely be buying my next car from the Lexus family.