Used 1999 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Lexus Gs-300 - Consumer Reviews

1999 Lexus GS 300

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (38 reviews )

How can you not love it????
By Wonderful GS

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1999 GS 300 last year. Absolutely love it. No quality problems, great looks, superior reliability. Everyone who sees it says it looks like a 2005.

Favorite Features

Body style, great sound system, ride quality, acceleration

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Bad Choice
By Austin Hansen

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I was excited when first buying this car, but then it was all downhill from there. The interior lack any bit of luxury. The seats are hard and uncomfortable especially with lumbar on. My kids absolutely hate the back seat beacuse there is little to no room in the back even with the front seats forward. Another thing, one sunny afternoon, I couldn't get the car to start, and I had to try three times to get it started. I say sunny because most of the time, the car won't start when it is cold or wintery weather, but this weather was fine! I have no idea why. Also, many things inside the car are not as tight as they should be. When I bought the car, the front passenger seat pocket was stretched.

Favorite Features

I like the reliability, that is all.

Suggested Improvements

Basically everything! Probably will trade in for Audi or Mercedes also because when shutting front door, rear door rattles a lot.

BEST of the BEST
By Jarrett

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

My wife was bugging me to find her a Lexus! She was wanting a the RX300/330 and I was wanting a GS300. Well, I won that battle and purchased a 1999 GS300, Cinnabon Pearl (RED) with 24k miles. Nearly 5 years old with that low of miles. I can't tell you enough of how much we like this car. It is smooth, quiet, peppy and a load of fun to drive. She is really happy with the car and glad we (I) chose this model over the RX300/330. Lexus has scored an A+ with this car. I plan on keeping and driving it many more years! I have a 1998 Ford Explorer and when time comes for it to be put to sleep, I plan on looking to get my own GS300, or may a GS400. My wife can't appreciate the V8's power!

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING!

Suggested Improvements

NOTHING!

Top Quality
By AcworthGS

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used with 25K miles. It now has 65K miles and still feels as strong as when I got it. I had an issue with my speaker after 50K miles. Lexus fixed it for free. Other than that, nothing. Nothing! I only wish I bought the 400 model.

Driving The best Lexus has to offer
By Metro30west

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Lexus in my opinion has outdone Mercedes and BMW when it comes to quality, luxury, and overall satisfaction. Hence, JD Powers and Assoc. has presented Lexus with so many awards for the RX, GS, LS, and ES. I highly recommend a Lexus, penny for penny, there is no better vehicle to drive.

Favorite Features

I truly enjoy the roomy and comforatable interior. But my favorite feature is the head turning looks I still get everyday.

Suggested Improvements

I cannot ask for any improvements I am very happy with my vehicle. Maybe the new GS model could have come out for 2005 instead of 2006