1999 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (38 reviews )
Finally, i own a LexBubba
By scooblover on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Well first of all, we call that model Lexus the bubble Lex, that why i call it the Lexbubba. Anyway i really do love my Lex, it is the best car i ever owned, but it does make a little noise in the back when i pull off....other than that it is very powerful....it's Lexus from this point on for me.

1999 Lexus GS300
By Lupita on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever driven. Just under 100,000 miles and never anything above normal maintenance. It still drives like a new car, no rattles, no starting problems, nothing. I plan to drive it another 100,000.

GS 300
By Chuckster on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Love the car. Get a lot of flats with the low pro tires. But the drive on this car is the same with 30K as it is with 65K.

Great Car!
By Bruin on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for just over 3 years. It has been a great car. It is very reliable and fun to drive. With just an occasional waxing, this car still looks pretty new.

Great car!!
By Vanjef on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used about 6 mos. ago with 36k miles on it and so far have been very happy with it. I could've gotten a BMW 5series at same price point but really wanted a reliable car and one that wouldn't be costly to fix when compared to the other luxury cars. The quality of the car feels very good even...much better than my friends Acura 3.5 Also like that you can set different climate control temperatures for the driver and passenger.

Lexus for life
By gsdrvr on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

My wife and I have had this car for 4 1/2 years, putting 81000 miles on it. Everytime someone new gets in, they are amazed it is a 99. We only take the car in for its routine service. We have had the battery go out twice, but the Texas heat is hard on batteries. The dealership replaced it both times, no questions asked, even when the car was out of warranty. Lexus service is outstanding. GPS is a must have, and extremely easy to use.

Shake, Rattle, and Roll
By Peter Shibley on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I bought my GS 300 new in 1999. From the beginning the little irritations have driven me crazy. There is a shimmy and shake somewhere in the rear seat that comes and goes. When the wheels are properly alligned, the steering wheel shakes. there are other annoying rattles in the front dash somewhere. I finally gave up bringing these annoyances to the dealers attention as they have been unable to find or fix them. I do love the GPS feature and gas mileage around town of 19 MPH is reasonable. The seats are comfortable and the ride is fairly smooth. The car is not as quiet as I was expecting.

What's Not to Like?
By madmax106 on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Bought my GS used in 2001 after years of drooling. I still get excited every time I get behind the wheel. The styling is truly timeless; the profile is awesome. Performance-wise it is all the car I need and more. I love to kick it and hear the engine spool. Quiet as a tomb on the highway. Lexus service is unbeatable. Customer for life.

Nice commuting car
By gasman on 04/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

In the past three years I've put about 75000 miles on the car. Basic service but no real repairs needed yet. Excellent highway commuting car. The V- 6 has plenty of power with respect to the handling characteristics of the car. The car gets sort of soft when pushed hard. If you live in areas where snow occurs you WILL need winter tires. A very comfortable car to drive. Driver fatigue minimal. This car has grown on me over time and I continue to be more impressed.

One Happy Camper
By blttomato on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I dont have the time to go into detail as i squeezed in answering what i have but i will say when the economy turns i will be trading my old one for a new one!