Used 1999 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (38 reviews )

Personal genuine ratings of Lexus GS300
By Galant

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

In general terms I'm very happy with this car and it's a great long distance tourer. By far the greatest quality of this vehicle has to be the beautifully smooth, quick well made, and durable engine. In short I have driven many thousands of happy motoring miles in it and it has proved to be the most reliable car I've owned up to date.

Engine, and interior lighting. Seat adjustments and comfort.

A more frugal GS 300 model would have been very welcomed, one that can return 25 mpg + in all conditions. Better brakes would help a lot as car brakes can feel rather too spongy at times. A more detailed comprehensive owners manual, with better clarity of the cars features would be welcomed too.

Just bought a 10 year old GS
By jlmg

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I found a very good deal on my GS300. 10 years old and only 64,000. Hard to believe it is 10 years old. Everything is still tight with no creaks or rattles. Fun to drive and very reliable so far.

handling, build quality

the brakes feel like a 2 stage brake, can get annoying in traffic

My second used Lexus - good as the first
By Yonze

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Have owned a '92 ES 300 for about six years and I still have it. My 99 GS is just as impressive and it gets almost the same mileage on a long trip. There's a lot to be said for a used Lexus from the dealer. Same quality, same service, at a fraction of the price. Lousy in the snow, though.

Lexus quality and reliability - the dealer as well as the car.

Small trunk and small opening. OK for cases but not for bulky objects which I occasionally carry. Use the ES for this.

Love It!
By SandyD

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I drove this car new off the showroom floor in 1998 and have loved every minute spent driving it! It's NEVER has a mechanical problem and it's driven every day. It's comfortable, fun to drive, and extremely reliable. The quality of the fit and finish is hard to beat and I can't think of any car on the road today that can beat it for the price. It was a lot of money for us to spend back then but worth every penny! If Lexus made a non-SUV that could hold 6 people, I'd buy that too.

Fun to drive, looks amazing even today compared to other cars, and the interior is so quiet.

Nothing!

Great Car
By Great Car

1999 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 47k miles. I just recently had are crashed in an accident with 165k miles. Total loss. This is a great car. Rides smooth and handle well for a large car. I would highly recommend this car. Never had any major problems and I only change the oil. Never even changed timing belt (not recommended).

Smooth ride.

Gas mileage could be a little better. I never thought about it until gas went up.