1998 Lexus GS 300 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 14 yrs later.... this car

1998 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Review

1998 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Base Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

14 yrs later.... this car still rocks!
By zoilus on

1998 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I picked up this car 8/2011 with 103K miles. I got for $9k out the door! clean 1 owner carfax with great service record! It was a steal!! It's in virtual mint condition. It has 130k miles now and no issues what so ever on many long trips, day to day city driving. Its comfortable, built like a tank, but ride is so quiet & smooth! It's not for racing! Not even the V8 is for that, but this car's power is enough to do what you needed to. It has classic & timeless good looks and I get compliments on it all the time. This car is durable reliable car that I can recommend to anyone. This model stopped in 2005 as in 06 a new style came out, but I like this one better!

Suggested Improvements

I love everything about this car but it can use some touch ups! just to fresh it up a bit: I added an OEM spoiler but the 3rd brake light is LED, In addition to the wood it came with, I added a "camry burl" wood kit off of ebay..100% better as now there is an ample amount of wood all around the cabin Privat Netz machine face 17" rims with 235/45/17 tires Sonar brand LED tail lamps and trunk lamps. Pioneer 3300BT touch screen "smart radio" LED lights in interior and trunk Hid in headlights and fogs Removed the black paint on grill to reveal the chrome underneath Stainless steel polish chrome tips 3.5" Chrome trunk trim (above license plate) It looks fresher better now!