1998 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )
14 yrs later.... this car still rocks!
By zoilus on 09/24/12 20:49 PM (PDT)

1998 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I picked up this car 8/2011 with 103K miles. I got for $9k out the door! clean 1 owner carfax with great service record! It was a steal!! It's in virtual mint condition. It has 130k miles now and no issues what so ever on many long trips, day to day city driving. Its comfortable, built like a tank, but ride is so quiet & smooth! It's not for racing! Not even the V8 is for that, but this car's power is enough to do what you needed to. It has classic & timeless good looks and I get compliments on it all the time. This car is durable reliable car that I can recommend to anyone. This model stopped in 2005 as in 06 a new style came out, but I like this one better!

Great Car
By Adrian on 08/21/09 06:18 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car since it was new. It has been fun and very reliable. It is quick and stable. The brakes are excellent.

i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By i love it !!!!!!!!!! on 03/22/09 19:13 PM (PDT)

1998 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

When I bought this car it had 80000 miles I didn't do anything to the car until it reached 100000 miles nothing major and had to change the starter at about 105000 miles now at 110000 miles no problems so far an I hope it stays that way. Overall the car is great compare to what’s out there don't think twice and buy it...........

Love this car!
By mish0039 on 02/22/06 10:23 AM (PST)

1998 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This is my second GS 300 (first was a 95). I love this car. I have also had a 97 BMW 528i, although they may be a little bit more fun to drive, but who can afford to keep fixing them? The Lexus still looks new and feels like it is built like a tank. I get a lot of compliments.

Best lexus sedan for the money
By Wayne859 on 08/15/05 14:12 PM (PDT)

1998 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I have owned 3 GSs over the last 6 years and the 98 is the one I currently drive. This car is smooth, well built and a pleasure to drive. Buying it used is easy, because it's a Lexus. No unscheduled repairs (I've put 55k mls on this one and 65k mls on another)! Almost same interior as the LS with better mileage. Better quality feel than the ES. It is expensive to service, but far less than a BMW or Mercedes would be, and if you find a good independent repair shop you're a lot better off. I highly recommend this car.

Can never go wrong with Lexus
By STLMO on 07/02/05 09:29 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Purchased this vehicle in '03 with 34K miles. It has been a great car. I've only had to replace the tires and a couple of turn signal bulbs. It looks outstanding, and the features in a '98 vehicle will compete with most '05 vehicles. Everyone loves our car, and are very surprised to find out how old it is. The styling is wonderful. The tranny is a little sticky going from 1st to 2nd, but then it is smooth sailing. You better keep an eye on your speed, because it is easy to cruise with without realizing how fast you are going. This vehicle does not get the gas mileage it should however, and it is not wonderful in the snow. Overall, we have been very happy with it. Would love an '06!

Best car to date.
By dav68 on 01/13/05 17:42 PM (PST)

1998 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This is the best car we have ever owned. Beautiful, reliable fast and solid. Incredible build quality. You may see one GS on the road for every ten ESes. I like that. We have had for 3 years with no problems. No squeaks or rattles. Drives like a new one with 76000m. Hate to wait until 06 for a new one but it will be worth it. Xenon headlamps are phenomenal. Oil changes and tires and that's it.

by much, the best car on the road
By erick0277 on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

A great combination of design, road maners, enogh power and safety features. Definily a quick car on the road with a great estability and smooth drivetrain without sacrifice the sport feeling. Fine style and comfort. Never been more happy with a car before. Excellent acceleration and braking, feels very handy, secure and awesome looking. best over all car.

AWESOME!!!
By Cesg12290 on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This car is absolutely awesome and I will recommend this car to anyone, especially if they have a different car because when they try this car for atleast a day they will stay with it.....TRUST ME!!!!

EYE CANDY
By SPACEACE on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

The vehicle itself is as RELIABLE as they come. I own the spectra blue model and to this day find it hard to keep my eyes off it. I love the color and actually waited for this color to become available. The ride and handling is excellent. The features in this 1998 can compete with today's 2004 models. It basically has power everything. The only disappointing fact is that the new redesigned GS is due out next year. I am not happy about that. It bothers me to be driving the "old" model. Not to mention the value is going to PLUMMIT once the new 2005 arrives. Other than that and the fact that it is TERRIBLE in the snow, I am really happy with it.