1996 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (0 review )
TRUTH ABOUT LEXUS
By MrUnbiased on 05/11/10 21:56 PM (PDT)

1996 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Best car i've ever owned and its a '96. I also have a Lincoln mkz 2006 completely loaded and i prefer the Lexus. The interior is extremelely comfortable with 12 way power seats. Its has the legendary 2JGE STRAIGHT 6, NOT V6! So thats a complete heads up on reliabilty. The leather trim holds your body and the quality is there even at 14yrs old. As for performance its probably as fast as a 6 cylinder will go up untill around 2003 and thats without pushing the sport button. Steering the car is the softest ive ever felt but holds corners like a sport coupe with its double wishbone suspension. The car was ahead of its time using many LS components. Built by 90% Robots in Tahara Japan. 9/10

GS 300 Review
By GS300 on 12/04/05 21:04 PM (PST)

1996 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Great car. Looks and runs fine. Love the interior layout and the smooth lines of the car. The best car I have ever owned.

GS300 Grand Ride
By Ed on 07/14/05 22:56 PM (PDT)

1996 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Love my GS300, handles well, excellent comfort features like power seats, sunroof, all controls well-designed. Driven over 140,000 miles and no significant repairs beyond standard belts/hoses/maintenance.

My first Lexus
By VanErman on 06/21/05 00:36 AM (PDT)

1996 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 96 GS300 with 100K, after driving an 01 Lincloln LS with only 40K - I wish domestic cars were this nice. The ride is wonderful, smooth power and much less depreciation.

1996 Lexus GS300
By OnTheAir on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. I drive 30,000 per year, and have had zero repairs or issues (except replacing trunk lid lifters) - just normal wear & tear. Sporty performer with good looks, strong acceleration even with 100k+ miles, comfortable ride, beautiful interior, great value. I plan to keep it until close to 200k miles with possible repaint/touchup for minor road & parking lot dings.

My baby lex
By Superjew on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This is my first lexus, but definetly not going to be the last. This car has it all: reliability, style, and comfort. I couldn't be happier with any other car.

lexus gs300
By General on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

great car. mechanically and aesthetically, this car has been the best I've ever owned. I would highly recommend.