1995 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )
Legendary Japanese Reliability
By Hoeman Lew on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

OK, ok, not the fastest, nor the classic European styling (although the original GS300 was designed by Italians), nor does it win over the bimmer enthusiasts....but as a previous owner of an 85 535i and 87 M6 along with current owner of ML 430, the Lexus is legendary Toyota reliability; the combination of ergometrics, quality and performance hard to beat.

Excellent car
By Joe on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

7 years later and it still looks and runs like new. The only thing that I had to replace after 100,000 miles was a dash light. Rock solid ride with nothing but reliablility. The body style is the original and is better built than the new models.

Awesome quality + look + price
By Huy Tran on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have a 98 BMW 528i and 95 Lexus GS300. Both was purchased few months from each other. I've put in 3 time the number of mile on the GS as on the 528i. Yet, the BMW keep break down every now and then, especially the electronic & sensor system, and cost so much to fix & maintain. The Bimmer is way more fun to drive, and look somewhat more agressive, but that's about all. My friend has a 540i, and same thing go. With the lexus, all I have to worry is wear and tear (break, oil, belt..). Other than that, it keeps running as an Energize bunny, but more smooth and elegant. BMW is only good for weekend car, can't use it for long commuting. Lucky that I didn't buy 2 bimmer back then.

95 Lexus GS300
By lazarus629 on 02/28/02 12:34 PM (PST)

1995 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Lexus reliability, build quality, and quiet in a fun to drive much imitated design. The only original Lexus design is stunning and has been widely imitated. While it doesn't handle quite as well as BMS 5-series and the MB E-class, it has MUCH more room and is, of course, MUCH more reliable.