Used 1995 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Lexus Gs-300 - Consumer Reviews

1995 Lexus GS 300

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )

Legendary Japanese Reliability
By Hoeman Lew

1995 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

OK, ok, not the fastest, nor the classic European styling (although the original GS300 was designed by Italians), nor does it win over the bimmer enthusiasts....but as a previous owner of an 85 535i and 87 M6 along with current owner of ML 430, the Lexus is legendary Toyota reliability; the combination of ergometrics, quality and performance hard to beat.

Favorite Features

Comfort, reliability, safety. Have never rode in a car in this price range that has all the things most drivers would want and need. Glad I didn't buy the Bimmer 5 series nor the Mercedes E Class, as this car is a low maintenance vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

More performance. I have the Touring Edition and the only differences are cosmetic, not performance oriented suspension or engine.

LEXUS GS 300
By JOSEPH

1995 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I LOVE THIS CAR! i HAVE OWNED TWO AND THEY ARE GREAT. REALIABLE, SAFE, AND VERY STYLISH.

Favorite Features

THE INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR IS ONE OF A KIND.

Suggested Improvements

MABY THE HP, BUT THAT IS IT.

Awesome quality + look + price
By Huy Tran

1995 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I have a 98 BMW 528i and 95 Lexus GS300. Both was purchased few months from each other. I've put in 3 time the number of mile on the GS as on the 528i. Yet, the BMW keep break down every now and then, especially the electronic & sensor system, and cost so much to fix & maintain. The Bimmer is way more fun to drive, and look somewhat more agressive, but that's about all. My friend has a 540i, and same thing go. With the lexus, all I have to worry is wear and tear (break, oil, belt..). Other than that, it keeps running as an Energize bunny, but more smooth and elegant. BMW is only good for weekend car, can't use it for long commuting. Lucky that I didn't buy 2 bimmer back then.

My favorite car
By Larry Baird

1995 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I purchase my GS 300 used with 36,000 miles, I now have 106,000 miles and notice no difference than when I originally purchased. Outside of brakes and general maint. I have had absolutely no problems. It is a great car. I just took in to service for tuneup, and brakes and intend to keep several more years. The newer cars do not really turn me on in comparison to what I already have. I have the luxury I want and performance as well in a car that is now 11 years old. I don't think other car manufactuers can give me the same satisfaction after 11 years.

Favorite Features

Comfort and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk space is the only draw back but have learned to pack accordingly.

My first Lexus
By AGK

1995 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

The Lexus GS 300, my first luxury car, has worked out quite well. I, like many people others who was looking for a newer car, had considered an SUV. But my wife convinced me that 99.93% of my driving was in the city, so "why not get a nice riding car?" How right she was!

Favorite Features

* Excellent styling. (In my opinion the '95 is better looking than the '02). * Great sound system - Zepplin and Steely Dan never sounded so good! * Excellent paint job. * Quiet AC system.

Suggested Improvements

- Wind sound around driver door is annoying, especially at high speeds. - A larger rear trunk would be nice. - Cup holder gets in the way.