1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )
Will Miss My Dear GS300
By shavonnem79 on 06/23/11 18:48 PM (PDT)

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just said fair well to my dear gs300. I didnt have it that long,maybe a little over one year. The car gave me issues but the previous owner didnt take good care of it. I bought it for 1400 and had to put 3000 of work into it,ever penny was worth it. I loved driving it! I loved the design of the interior and exterior. Even though there were some issues under the hood my dear gs never left me stranded. If you have one of these,take good care of it, I will miss this car! Excellent vehicle!!! kudos toyota/lexus

Mod it!
By GenChan on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

For you idiots who read this, I just want to say that this car has potential with that 2JZ engine. Do a JDM swap if ya'll are crying about power because there is a way to twin turbo it. Plus, if you want to NIP out the car, there are plenty of modifications for it, even making it 6 speed manual tranny if you like. The engine has been tested to push out with hp in the 900 range. Its too easy, you do the MATH!

I LOVE this car!!
By gelbob on 07/23/09 20:29 PM (PDT)

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

After 215000 miles this car still runs like a champ. I will definitely go with Lexus again. Yes, it is expensive on repairs, but worth it in longevity.

Not that reliable
By B on 09/26/08 21:13 PM (PDT)

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 130 miles now it has 175 and it's given me problems, water pump replaced, radiator, fix the timing, brakes, tires, 2 window motors, major transmission problem, check engine light is on. Since I had this car it's been parked a couple of times for 2 to 5 months at a time. It's hard to fix and expensive too. By the way we do change the oil often and try to keep up with it. This car cost us $6.200 but with all the repairs we done to it cost us well over $10.000

Thanks Lexus!
By ratomlinson on 05/19/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This has been such a tremendous vehicle for us. The reliability has been tremendous. It goes and goes without a complaint. I purchased the vehicle used with 40K miles on it and a have driven it another 50K miles over the last 6 years. Very comfortable vehicle.

Awesome Car!!!
By jonesclan on 01/27/07 20:41 PM (PST)

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is the best I've ever owned. Has never failed to start or broken down ever. It's pretty much maintenance free and still drives and rides like a new car. Still looks pretty good too, just has the old body style. It's 13 years old now and has 140k miles so we've been looking around for a new car. The surprising thing is that even the new cars we've been test driving do not ride and drive as good as this one. Have definitely decided we should buy another Lexus if we can find one we can afford.

Most Dependable Car I've Ever Owned
By Most Dependable on 04/04/06 20:29 PM (PDT)

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Have never had any major problems with car. Has outlasted every car I have ever owned. Drives and rides better than much newer vehicles I currently own.

Goodbye to an old firend
By Steve M on 04/14/05 16:23 PM (PDT)

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Folks, I just sold my 1994 Lexus GS300 and I felt compelled to say something about how wonderful this car has been. I bought it in 1997 as Lexus Certified Pre-Owned vehicle and it has served me well these past 8+ year. There is no doubt in my mind that this is one of the best vehicles ever produced for mass consumption on the planet. Rock-solid reliability, great styling, and longevity are the high points. I'm convinced the straight-6 will run forever. Performance (although not bad) and rear seat room are lows. All in all, I would do this again in a heart beat. If you're considering this vehicle, buy it and enjoy for many years to come. Categorically the best car I have ever owned.

Lexury
By Greenwood on 12/01/04 13:58 PM (PST)

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Owned 7 years and it's my favorite car ever. I've spent more, but enjoyed less. Always 20+MPG, lots of top end speed, and comfortable. It won't beat anybody racing to the end of the block, but at highway speeds it has legs. Had to make a 180 mile one-way trip to deliver emergency bio-medical supplies, and when I returned home I got a call that the parts were wrong and would I please make another trip. No problem. Went to a movie that night with my daughter, and I drove! My spouse keeps hinting that it's time to get a new car, but I'm resisting.

GS-- luxury--king
By jon siemann on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 94gs 300 since feb. 96. My car has 293,000. This is the #1 car ever built based on quality,luxury,driver fatigue in long distance,value for dollar,fuel economy and repairs,very low maintenance,complete with a ultra smooth inline 6-engine pioneered by europeans. The car was manufactured in Tahara Japan at a factory cost of roughly $32000 and a selling price of41,500. you tell me the best car ever made period!!!Mine still drives better than $25000 2005 with less repairs.Heck the brakes on this car last 50000 miles and thats using them need I say more.