Used 1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Lexus Gs-300 - Consumer Reviews

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )

Great car
By ikester

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Lexus 1993 GS 300 is nearing 400,000 miles and she still runs strong. I don't think she will ever quit, hardly ever broke down, other than water pump. Keep up preventive maintenance, like tune up, oil change and brakes. That's all she ever needed and still purrs like a kitten. Love this car.

Favorite Features

Power button, heated seats, outside body style.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo system.

My 93 Lex
By seajay

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought my car new in 93 and I now have 298000 miles on it. What a car, I only had 2 repairs outside of your normal maintenance (brake pads, timing belts and required oil changes) I had to replace the starter at 268000 miles and power steering unit at 272000 miles. I still love the look of this car and besides more cup holders I would not change a thing. Yes it could be quicker from 0 to 60 but once it's moving, watch out. By the way I only use an extra quart of oil between my 5000 miles oil changes.

Favorite Features

Luxury, smooth ride, nice options, reliability, cost of ownnership.

Suggested Improvements

Better and more cup holders.

1993 with 293k
By Jaysea

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have purchased this car new in 93 and enjoy more now that when I first bought it. Besides the recommended maintenance, including 2 timing belts and getting ready for my 3rd one, the only thing I had to replace was my power steering unit an brake calipers. The only items not functioning at this time is my coffee cup holder, lights on my dasboard and radio. If I get a door ding, I fix it right away. I resurfaced the front seats, but have no cracks in them. People are truly amazed when I tell them my car is 14 years old and has 293000 miles on it, using a quart of oil every 3000 miles. When I buy a new car it will be a Lexus.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, reliability and besides the purcase price has been very economical to own.

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders and a 5 or 6 speed transmision, items that have been rectified in the newer models.

over 200000 and still going strong.
By comer5

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned several cars in my time, and I can honestly say this is the best. It gives me everything I could ask for in a car. Beauty, very roomy, style and class. When I purchased this beauty from a used car auction, the only thing it needed was some soap and water along with a pricey harmonic balancer. outside of that it's a pretty solid car. It now has over 240,000. My kids are requesting I pass it on.

Favorite Features

Look and ride and of course the stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are above heated seats and tend to turn them on when you place a drink in them.

Great car
By Jesus

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

It has been the best car I've ever had. I've suffered fewer problems with it than with other brand new cars that I have bought.

Favorite Features

Seats, wheel, temperature thermometer (in & outside) sunroof, leather and automatic seats, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Softer elbow rest