1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )
Rock Solid GS300
By Stacey on 06/13/06 23:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 64000 mi on it in 2001. For three years I drove it all over my state for work, putting around 25000 miles a year on it. It was comfortable, quiet and NEVER left me stranded. I have never had a major mechanical problem with the car in 5 years / 100,000 miles. About the worst was the oil seals leaking at 66,000 mi. Other than that, we've replaced all the window regulators and have had to clean out the A/C system a few times. That's it! It is absolutely rock solid. The engine and transmission are absolutely perfect at 162,000 miles. It's STILL cushy, comfy and quiet with ice cold air. It has at least another 100,000 miles left in it, without a doubt.

Quality, Performace and Luxury
By Great Car on 05/12/05 16:51 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Having owned a numerous of different cars in the past, this is the best car I've ever owned. Very reliable and comfortable. Although the car is extremely heavy, it handles and accelerates great. Can't go wrong with a Lexus.

Outperforms most 2005 models
By Lexus #1 on 04/19/05 18:53 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

One of the most beautiful car in the 90s. Very reliable and luxury, looks and performs better than most new cars today, I mean A LOT better. With the proper maintenance, this car will last you FOREVER! Did I mention the car was originally designed by Giogetto Giugiaro as a Kensington showcar for Jaguar in 1990.

Sold on driving a Lexus....
By KathyW on 01/28/05 16:54 PM (PST)

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was my first Lexus. It was purchased used with 37k miles. It has been a dream to own and drive. Very classy & reliable, smooth drive, total comfort. I would like to replace it with a newer Lexus, same model.

no title
By Giovannip on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought car with 82,000 miles used from local dealer. We have put 50,000 miles on it, and have had no major mechanical problems. just normal brakes, tires, oil change etc... This is a very reliable car with nice styling. smooth ride.

fix a few things @ 100,000mile
By Redawg on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought with 43000 miles 6 years ago and recently just put in about $2000. car is near perfect again mechanically. Have a toyota dealer service it at 1/3 cost on timing belt. Lexus wanted $ 4000 for seal, belts etc. Toyota did it for under $2000 (similar to Supra) with 12000mile warranty on all work. Great 10 year old car!

GS-300 gold edition
By zmxh20 on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

It is a nice car with slow accelaration. Received from my brother at 55K 2 years ago and start replacing alternators,power steering pump,AC replaced, windows cable and radio antina cable. Lately, radiator went out. Even though it has 87K in 2 years, the car is running good.

lexus
By wilson2 on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

we have totally enjoyed the car...

owner
By jasmine pham on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

It is a very reliable car. nice body. I love this car

great car
By Clay Prentiss on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

We purchase our GS 300 used and have had only one scary mechanical problem in four years. The heater core went out which is very unusual and expensive. Other than this incident the cost has very little problems. We maintain the oil changes and tune ups as recommended.