1993 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )
easy to fix
By loosahwe on 09/03/13 13:06 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Bought this lexus from a private seller for 1500.00. The engine was good but needed some small repairs. Took it to my mechanic to redo the needed safety items. It cost me close to 5500 to fix the small items, such as the hoses, head gasket, seals, water pump, timeing belt, and some suspension and recently had to replace the oil pressure sensor. Had it painted for a 1000.00 and went to salvage yard to get items i didn't want to buy OEM. It has over 262,000 miles on it and drove to Kansas from Arizona 4 TIMES AND TO oklahoma a few times. Reliable and smooth on the road.

Best car ever
By Toyota Ron on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

The only repairs have been replacing the alternator, crankshaft pulley and recently the drivers window regulator. Total repairs over 18 years $1800. It still looks like new and the body style does not look old. Only has 106,000 miles so it is only 50% or less used. When it hits 25 years old I will run it in the Woodward Dream Cruise in Michigan.

Best Car Ever
By kaneal13 on 07/07/10 08:48 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I brought this car about two years ago. I had no problems with it besides the tires which i kept having to replace because of the custom rims. The car really had no mechanical problems until recently the head gasket blew out. The car has close to 200,000 miles on it and i really like the car. If i ever get another car it has to be a Lexus. The car is the most reliable car i've ever driven or known.

Best Car Ever Made
By Best Car Ever Made on 03/23/09 13:44 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This was the best car that I've ever owned. The head gasket just went out but only after 315,000 miles. It was definitely worth the money. I wish I could buy the same car brand new again. They'll never be another one like it.

A car that never gets the respect
By alpha on 03/17/09 22:01 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

This car is amazing, it may not be the fastest but it's capable of reaching 140mph on the hwy. It may not be the most luxurious but it knows how to coddle its driver and passengers.The BMW 5 outhandles it, but I can take it on a back road and it handles the curves confidently. But this is the most reliable car I've ever driven. BMW can't even come close on this point.

Great car
By ikester on 03/01/08 23:58 PM (PST)

1993 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

My Lexus 1993 GS 300 is nearing 400,000 miles and she still runs strong. I don't think she will ever quit, hardly ever broke down, other than water pump. Keep up preventive maintenance, like tune up, oil change and brakes. That's all she ever needed and still purrs like a kitten. Love this car.

My 93 Lex
By seajay on 02/08/08 13:26 PM (PST)

1993 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

Bought my car new in 93 and I now have 298000 miles on it. What a car, I only had 2 repairs outside of your normal maintenance (brake pads, timing belts and required oil changes) I had to replace the starter at 268000 miles and power steering unit at 272000 miles. I still love the look of this car and besides more cup holders I would not change a thing. Yes it could be quicker from 0 to 60 but once it's moving, watch out. By the way I only use an extra quart of oil between my 5000 miles oil changes.

1993 with 293k
By Jaysea on 11/18/07 13:25 PM (PST)

1993 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I have purchased this car new in 93 and enjoy more now that when I first bought it. Besides the recommended maintenance, including 2 timing belts and getting ready for my 3rd one, the only thing I had to replace was my power steering unit an brake calipers. The only items not functioning at this time is my coffee cup holder, lights on my dasboard and radio. If I get a door ding, I fix it right away. I resurfaced the front seats, but have no cracks in them. People are truly amazed when I tell them my car is 14 years old and has 293000 miles on it, using a quart of oil every 3000 miles. When I buy a new car it will be a Lexus.

over 200000 and still going strong.
By comer5 on 02/02/07 06:16 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I've owned several cars in my time, and I can honestly say this is the best. It gives me everything I could ask for in a car. Beauty, very roomy, style and class. When I purchased this beauty from a used car auction, the only thing it needed was some soap and water along with a pricey harmonic balancer. outside of that it's a pretty solid car. It now has over 240,000. My kids are requesting I pass it on.

Great car
By Jesus on 11/23/06 02:47 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

It has been the best car I've ever had. I've suffered fewer problems with it than with other brand new cars that I have bought.