Rumble and grumble
By drivesme on
2014 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I bought my ES Feb 24 on the 26th it developed a shake/rumbling when in Drive or Reverse. The noise and shake are absolutely not what Lexus should be. The dealer tried and said nothing found on the first visit. The second try they had the Lexus rep/engineer from Atlanta look and he replaced one of the engine mounts. It was improved but still not right. Now at 4k miles the vibration and sound is getting worse. The service Mgr rode with me and called The Lexus rep in Atl who said it was normal. BEWARE test drive any ES and watch for the shake and noise. Do not buy the Lexus. I hate my Lexus and will be out of it as soon as I'm not upside down.
Favorite Features
I have the luxury edition with Nav and rear shade.
Suggested Improvements
The ventilated seats are weak and useless. My 09 Avalon had vastly better ventilated seats. The new ES does not move any air, almost zero! I drive 20-25k miles per year in Florida, ventilated seats are a must for me.
By lew18
on 05/24/14 18:47 PM (PDT)

After owning and loving an ES300 for many years, I purchased a 2014 ES350 and immediately was bothered by the same transmission problems that all of you have noticed. My one additional problem that none of you have described is that after the transmission down shifts, if I continue to coast, the car will upshift, giving a slight surge in speed on its own. I phoned to make a service appointment and after I told my problems to the telephone receptionist, she immediately replied that there is nothing wrong with the car and it is operating the way it is designed to operate. She then connected me to someone who appeared to have been chosen specifically to deal with this exact complaint. This person told me that the ES350 is different from an ES300 and that the ES350 has a computer controlled transmission that is designed to operate exactly as I described. I brought the car in for service and went for a test drive with a repair person who appeared to have been specially selected for this problem. He already knew the issues. The problems did occur during the test drive. Although the Lexus service person minimized the problems, he did admit that all my problems were occurring. He said that the car was operating exactly the way it was designed to operate and if I didn't like the way is was driving I shouldn't have purchased it. He suggested that if I don’t like the way it drives, I should purchase another brand (not a Lexus), and trade in my two month old car. A computer check was done on the car, probably because Lexus pays the dealer to perform the check, and the computer verified what I had been previously told, that the car was performing exactly as designed. I have found out that my complaints are common among ES350 customers and I have recently found a web site where many owners have described these same problems. I checked out the 350 on Edmunds before I purchased the car and I am disappointed that these problems were not mentioned.

By oomschalk
on 08/26/14 16:52 PM (PDT)

I have had a Lexus ES350 for a few years. I am very disappointed with the quality and, even more so, the customer service. Every time I went in and asked them to fix a problem, they said it was my problem, not theirs. That is, I believe, how they get their good ratings - by not taking responsibility. One of several problems I had: the speedometer was about 3mph off. They refused to fix it, saying it was within "federal standards". I told them to change their motto to "The pursuit of federal standards", but they declined.

By drivesme
on 09/12/14 09:52 AM (PDT)

Rumble and grumble By drivesme on 04/30/14 17:43 PM (PDT) UPDATE- I filed a Lemon Law against Lexus. They sent the Lexus regional service tech to give it the one more time service. Bottom line, it still rumbles and GRUMBLES! Lexus replied with their polite letter of go pound sand and take us to court! I hate Lexus product and attitude!