2014 Lexus ES 350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )
transmission problems
By lew18 on 05/24/14 19:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After owning and loving an ES300 for many years, I purchased a 2014 ES350 and immediately was bothered by transmission problems. If I take my foot off the gas and coast between 45 and 20 mph the car downshifts and feels like my foot is on the brake. Continuing to coast, at some point the car upshifts on its own and feels like I've put my foot on the gas. My dealer acknowledged that the car behaves as I've described, but told me that this is the way it is designed to operate. They told me that if I didn't like the way it drives I shouldn't have purchased it. I wish I had been warned about a possible transmission issue when I researched the car on Edmunds.

Rumble and grumble
By drivesme on 04/30/14 17:43 PM (PDT)

2014 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my ES Feb 24 on the 26th it developed a shake/rumbling when in Drive or Reverse. The noise and shake are absolutely not what Lexus should be. The dealer tried and said nothing found on the first visit. The second try they had the Lexus rep/engineer from Atlanta look and he replaced one of the engine mounts. It was improved but still not right. Now at 4k miles the vibration and sound is getting worse. The service Mgr rode with me and called The Lexus rep in Atl who said it was normal. BEWARE test drive any ES and watch for the shake and noise. Do not buy the Lexus. I hate my Lexus and will be out of it as soon as I'm not upside down.

2014 ES350 disappointing on the Inside
By btiger14 on 12/18/13 11:26 AM (PST)

2014 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our third ES350. Disappointed in what Lexus did to save a few bucks. For example the CD Changer is gone, replaced by single disc; the holder for sunglasses above the console - gone; the various console cubbies for storage - gone; lighting above each rear seat on each side - gone. Ash tray and lighter (plug) gone - lost that plug. Front seats are narrower. The car just feels tighter on the inside. With the lighting changes and the deletion of the CD Changer Lexus has cheapened the interior. The trunk is not as easy to get stuff into because it is a deeper access. Cargo net is installed with bolts - makes it hard to get to the spare. Shd have just bought out the 2011 lease.

19 of 16,758 people found this review helpful
Just leased 2014 ES350
By crobot83 on 11/29/13 13:31 PM (PST)

2014 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I can tell you that HID headlights are not standard, so if you want that make sure it's included. Thus far, the car has been good. Will have it for a few years on lease and so far I'm impressed. I generally only buy BMW but this Lexus has been of similar build quality and styling.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Lexus ES 350 Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*