Used 2014 Lexus ES 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Lexus ES 350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2014 Lexus ES 350 Sedan

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )

Poor Ride, Noisy and Cheap Finishes!
By JC

2014 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you're expecting a quiet smooth ride like the older models forget it! This is my 3rd and last Lexus ... they've cheapened it so much. When you close the door it sounds like a tin can. So disappointed. Air cooling on the ventilated front seats even after the fix is still poor. Use to be a great car ... now it feels like a toyota.

Everything but the "New Car Smell"
By dale gifford

2014 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car gives the best ride I've ever experienced. (That says a lot since I've been driving for over 50 years.) Yes, I'm an "old guy", but that doesn't mean I'm looking for a car with the performance of a hearse. This is a very stylish, elegant vehicle that has the 'grip and go' that a fella needs to move through freeway traffic with ease. All of that while providing the quietest ride possible. My wife says that riding in this car is like riding around in musical sound room. Although it is two years old it is free of any squeaks or rattles that usually come with age.

Awesome Ride!
By Gabe

On my fifth ES
By Chris Dikme

2014 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my first ES way back in 1994. Loved the car then and still love the car. In fact, I have been buying and driving Lexus for more then 20 years and I have bought each one from the same dealership and salesperson! This 2014 ES has tons more features than my first one in 1994, yet really has not increased that much in price, compared to other inflated items. You get a lot more car for a little more money.

You just cannot beat Lexus when it comes to quality of workmanship and support. Japanese reliability is second-to-none. The dealer network is unbeatable. I only have a couple of "complaints", the seats are just not comfortable for extended periods. Also, bring back radio buttons! The menu system may be "cool" but is clumsy and unnecessary.

Now that we have owned and driven the 2014 for 18 months, my opinion of the ES has not changed too much. We did suffer a rear-end collision and I have learned that the Starfire Pearl (077) white paint is nearly impossible to match. Our rear bumper had to be replaced and we had to have it re-painted three times to get close to the factory paint. My only complaint with the car continues to be the frustration with the radio control. It is way too complicated. But, the car has an incredible ride and is buttery smooth and quiet. My best friend has a 2016 Camry and the difference between the two cars is substantial. The Lexus is a MUCH more refined vehicle.

Falls short
By bggiseries

2014 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This would be my second ES350. I liked the '07' version better but this one does have many things I like.

This one is pretty much loaded.

The blind spot / cross traffic alert is great but a lot of vehicles have that now. I like streaming the music from my smartphone. Acceleration is very good but sometimes sluggish from the start.

There is no 'wow' factor in this car.
There is just way to much wind and road noise. Most all road imperfections are felt. I will not buy another one.

Bluetooth streaming Blind sport / cross traffic alert.

Dampen all the road noise. Not sure if the mirror locations add more wind noise but there's a lot of that as well. The passenger mirror is a 'blind spot'. The window design is ridiculous. They slope into the car a fair amount so when it rains, water will drip on your arm, leg and seat when you open the door.