2014 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Lexus ES 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

Falls short
By bggiseries

2014 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This would be my second ES350. I liked the '07' version better but this one does have many things I like. This one is pretty much loaded. The blind spot / cross traffic alert is great but a lot of vehicles have that now. I like streaming the music from my smartphone. Acceleration is very good but sometimes sluggish from the start. The window design is ridiculous. They slope into the car a fair amount so when it rains, water will drip on your arm, leg and seat when you open the door. There is no 'wow' factor in this car. There is just way to much wind and road noise. Most all road imperfections are felt. I will not buy another one.

Bluetooth streaming Blind sport / cross traffic alert.

Dampen all the road noise. Not sure if the mirror locations add more wind noise but there's a lot of that as well. The passenger mirror is a 'blind spot'. The window design is ridiculous. They slope into the car a fair amount so when it rains, water will drip on your arm, leg and seat when you open the door.

Lexus equals excellence
By czimmaro

2014 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned Cadillacs for most of the last forty years. Six months ago we leased a 2014 Lexus ES 350 and find it every bit as luxurious as the Cadillac and exceedingly superior in other areas such as fuel economy, useable trunk space, interior legroom in back seat, and overall value. The dealer, Lexus of the Palm Beaches , added to the enjoyment by not wasting my time and offering a fair deal in the first place with no hidden costs. This continued when I purchased an extended warrantee for a different make of car from the finance dept. of Lexus and once again received a great value with no wasted time.

1. Great turning radius 2. 31 mpg highway 3. maximum use of interior and trunk space 4. less room in my opinion for the engine area which reduced the overall length

Too firm, too hard, UGH!
By patcic

2014 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I took this model for a test drive, all of the roads around the dealership were smooth asphalt and of course, the car road fine - big mistake. I negotiated a great deal on a close out, brand new 2014. I quickly became very disappointed with the comfort and ride of this car. You would think a Lexus would be the pinnacle of comfort but not this car. They did a model change in 2013 and made the car "sporty". Now you feel every bump & crack and hear a lot of tire noise on the highway. I feel fatigued after driving it. If you want a taught, sporty car where you "feel" the road then this might be the car for you. I switched to 2015 Impala 1LZ and am in heaven! What comfort!

Engine, roominess, fuel economy, power, transmission mode selector.

Soften the ride and increase road isolation. Reduce road noise, include remote start (how could they miss this?), get rid of or improve the confusing electronic controls through the LTD panel and the joy stick. It shouldn't take 4 to 5 clicks to get where I need to go. I'm trying to drive, not operate a computer.

Not a car, but rather poorly integrated collection of features
By mentin

2014 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife moved from Infiniti G20 to Lexus ES 350. While the new car is definitely an upgrade in some dimensions, where G20 from the very start felt like well designed car that does everything exactly as you want it to do, ES feels like a poorly integrated list of features - kind of the way (bad) software was done and advertised in nineties. Up to the point that when the rest of the car moved from daylight saving time, the navigation is still on summer time. There are tons of features in this car, but when you actually start to use them, you find out they are garbage.

One good thing I can tell is the car drives well for its size. Good balance between comfort and handling.

Navigation with it joystick-mouse controls is horrible. It takes a lot of attention of the driver and just plain unsafe. It is not integrated with the rest of the system at all. Every time I change from my wife's seat memory position to my preset, ES first lifts the back (hitting my head to the ceiling) and moves front (hitting my chest to steering wheel) and only after that moves down-back to my preset. Leather (mid-range option) shows signs of use after just couple month. Radar cruise control is not integrated with steering. So in sharp turns it loses front car and accelerates!

Not like previous ES cars
By taxedtoomuch

2014 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The current ES350 is not you fathers car. Too bad it is not. I have owed five of these cars and this one does not meet previous expectations. It drives like an Rav4. The road performance could be better. The ride is not as soft and cushiony as previous cars. You will feel every bump on back roads and roads that are not perfectly paved. For that reason, I am disappointed. Overall it is quiet and has plenty of power, although there is a slight delay. Remember this is not the inline six as before. My guess is, the IS engineers got ahold of this car instead of the LS engineers and did it their way.

Suspension!!!!