You Must Drive This Car
By wofat on
2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I spent several months researching vehicles before finally making a purchase. I was focused on a mid to large sedan that would be very comfortable for my long commutes, that would get at least 25 MPG, FWD or AWD, and that would LAST for at least 200K miles. The final list was the 2013 Audi A4, 2013 Hyundai Azera, 2013 BMW 328xi, and the Infinity G37x. After driving and pricing, the G37x and BMW were eliminated. They were simply under-equipped compared to the others at the same price point. The BMW especially was bare bones unless you dropped another 10K. The Audi was eliminated for reliability (big issues with burning oil). After driving the ES350 I was in love. Not squishy at all.
Favorite Features
I was very impressed with the way this car drives. Fit and finish are beautiful. Even the base model is nice, though I opted for several reasonably priced upgrades (no NAV please!). Visibility is EXCELLENT compared to many of the vehicles I drove. I really liked the Azera, but visibility was horrid compared to the Lexus. Additionally, the Azera was a bit 'tinny' sounding compared to the Lexus.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing. The car is phenomenal. I have 2000 miles on it in the 3 weeks i've owned it and absolutely love it. It's comfortable, quiet, has plenty of power on demand, and has great bluetooth integration with my phone. I'm in love. I'll post again when I hit 100K in about 3 years.