Love it compared to competition.
By brucemeister on
2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have had my ES350 for just over a month and love it. I spent about 6 months research, test-driving and pricing some competitors. See below: - BMW328i: This was the best ride of all of them and fun to drive. BUT the AWD feels stiffer and the steering is less responsive than the RWD, similarly equipped to the ES comes over $50K, post-warranty reliability suspect, premium fuel only. Annoying stop/start engine. - Audi A4: Great quality but feels stiff to drive and cramped in the back. A little small. - C300: Great handling and style, but TOO SMALL and cramped - even for the driver, expensive repairs, premium fuel only. Annoying stop/start engine. Acura TL: OK but not luxury.
Favorite Features
The ES350's strength compared to the others was the extra room, not just in the back seat as reported but for the driver. I just can't see the benefit of being cramped (I am 6 feet tall) so I can corner at 40 mph!Also it was the quietest of all of them. I originally had settled on the 300h but before signing test drove the 350 just for comparison's sake. It was then that I fell in love with the 3.5 liter engine which was quiet, smooth and very powerful. One thing also that surprised me is the ES350 exterior looks very stylish. That isn't mentioned much in all the reviews that I read but I just think it looks cool (for a 4 door sedan) especially compared to the 2012 model.
Suggested Improvements
One thing to be aware of though that isn't referenced in many reviews - the ES has a stiffer ride. The suspension is similar to a sports sedan not a luxury sedan. The handling is also surprisingly tight for a FWD, but the car registers every bump. It will take a few weeks to get used to it especially if you've upgraded from the previous ES version which had a softer ride. But overall compared to the competition it is quieter, smoother, larger, same gas mileage and great to look at inside and out.