An Honest Reliable Review of Lexus ES350, $44,592
By donisland on
2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have had two Lexus cars before and was very happy with them. DESIGN-The new design is Very Nice inside and outside. NAVIGATION-I especially like that large navigation screen - it is so much better than the previous ones that were smaller. RIDE-The ride is much more stiff. I think they were right to do this, it makes driving the car much more safe than the "cushy" ride that can be dangerous in emergency situations. POWER-Its good, but for this new car and more powerful engine would have been very nice. GAS MILEAGE-I am getting 22 mpg overall because I push the gas peddle down a lot.
Favorite Features
NAVIGATION SCREEN SIZE-again, its large and makes it easy to see and use. SEATING is very comfortable and nice adjusting seats. Rear Window SUNSCREEN is greatly appreciated since we live in the southern climate. Heated Seats and Climate Control work excellent. Notice the new design with that newer front grille, it helps the looks a lot. Rear Seat comfort is very good with a nice center arm rest. When we looked at consumer reports dot org we saw this car has a great reliability and that is important to us. Although a bit expensive, its an top flight car.
Suggested Improvements
No more Low profile tires, they look good but notice the rear window small sticker, they don't last as long as regular tires. More power would be appreciated. Have to use navi screen to turn off A/C and while driving this is dangerous - Lexus, put more buttons on the dash so the car will be more safe. Exhaust pipes are oval and so so looking, they should be like the ones on the larger LS model, after all, this is an upscale car and looks are important. Lexus should have an 8 speed transmission like the other upscale cars. One suggestion, check out the loaded Toyota Camry XLE - my friend has one and that car has just about everything the Lexus ES350 has.