Used 2013 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lexus ES 350 - Consumer Reviews

2013 Lexus ES 350

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (20 reviews )

simply the best
By ed harof

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am areal car guy and have owned or leased almost everything
Fords Chevy Mercedes Honda Toyata Lincoln and more.
I started with the Lexus Ls 400 back in 1990 and have never switched from having at least one car in our garage be a lexus
Right now we have an Es 350. Ls400 and they are beyond description.
I am just an extremely satisfied owner - nothing more

My first Lexus
By drao

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus. I have an 08 Infiniti G37 coupe. I am very pleased with the car. It is quiet fun to drive especially on ling trips. The navigation electronics takes getting use to and its true either love it or hate it. We love it once learned how to use it. The dealer was more than helpful eith any questions we had. Since I am retired my wife and I drive rather than fly. We reciently drove from Houston Tx. to Boothbay Maine. The car was a pleasure to drive we averaged 28 MPG! I would definately recommend this car.

The navigation system! Once it is learned, not a hard task at all. It is one of the best I have ever used. Especially for older drivers it will guide you anywhere. Of course do not trust ANY navigation system blindly. Always have and idea of the route your going to take. Also get the ultra luxary package with the Mark Levenson sound system you will not reget it. Pleanty of leg room. I am over six feet three and there is plenty of leg room.

More powerful engine as an option. There is plenty of power for the majority but, for some the desire of more performance is wanted.

Very disappointed for this ES350.
By mineg

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very disappointed for this ES350, it's 19km now. I bought it for its serene and comfortable reputation, this vehicle is not quite at lot.
1. The car vibrates when it stopped and the engine is engaged, the vibration makes me so uncomfortable that I have to switch to neutral whenever stopping before traffic light. I took it to dealer to check, I was told it's rotor's problem. I don't think that's the case
because it vibrates also when I don't press breaker.

2. The driver side exterior rear mirror creates annoying high frequency noise when the speed is over 100km/h. After spending lots of time, I found that it was caused by the gap between the mirror and its base. I used electric tape to wrap the gap, the noise disappeared. I took the car to dealer to adjust, I was told the gap is normal, and they put the tape back!!! 3. Wind and tire noisy is noticeable and unpleasant even when the speed is less than 80km/h.

After 5 BMW5 series-Why I changed
By gp5tee

After owning five
BMW 5 Series over a period of 25 years I finally made the move. I test drove the new 2013 BMW528X and it was wonderful.
Quite
an upgrade from my 2009 528e I was offering in trade.
Then I visited a Lexus dealer and test drove an 2013 ES350. It was love at first drive. The steering wheel was beautiful. The overall feel matched the BMW. Performance felt easily as good also. The appearance is truly
special. The BMW was the same old,
same old ,although a little
improvement . I guess I just needed a change. The fit and finish inside and out is perfect. The clincher was that it was $14,000 less, net of trade. I have always found my BMWs depreciated too much over 5 years.

Styling,V6 engine, Navigation System, Rear Camera, Instrument Panel, rear window electric up and down,voice commands on Nav to lower or raise temperature,Blind spot warnings on side mirrors,seat position memory controls, Lexus Enform Apps , great riding quality, love the Metallic Cashmere color, looks sporty with the rear spoiler and side body protection strips, the big L badge front and back, rear deck is sexy looking , twin exhaust. seats are roomy and comfortable. Handling is great ( as good as my BMWs). I am going to miss my BMW,but not too much. Once again,love that steering wheel. The Dealership seemed more attentive and straight forward in making the deal.No tricks

Only one...The Nav system voice commands do not override the music ,or radio. I have a $20,000 Mazda that overrides the other media when speaking voice commands.It is annoying when you have to turn the volume down on the radio to hear directions.

An Honest Reliable Review of Lexus ES350, $44,592
By donisland

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had two Lexus cars before and was very happy with them.
DESIGN-The new design is Very Nice inside and outside.

NAVIGATION-I especially like that large navigation screen - it is so much better than the previous ones that were smaller.
RIDE-The ride is much more stiff.
I think they were right to do this, it makes driving the car much more safe than the "cushy" ride that can be dangerous in emergency situations.
POWER-Its good, but for this new car and more powerful engine would have been very nice.
GAS MILEAGE-I am getting 22 mpg overall because I push the gas peddle down a lot.

NAVIGATION SCREEN SIZE-again, its large and makes it easy to see and use. SEATING is very comfortable and nice adjusting seats. Rear Window SUNSCREEN is greatly appreciated since we live in the southern climate. Heated Seats and Climate Control work excellent. Notice the new design with that newer front grille, it helps the looks a lot. Rear Seat comfort is very good with a nice center arm rest. When we looked at consumer reports dot org we saw this car has a great reliability and that is important to us. Although a bit expensive, its an top flight car.

No more Low profile tires, they look good but notice the rear window small sticker, they don't last as long as regular tires. More power would be appreciated. Have to use navi screen to turn off A/C and while driving this is dangerous - Lexus, put more buttons on the dash so the car will be more safe. Exhaust pipes are oval and so so looking, they should be like the ones on the larger LS model, after all, this is an upscale car and looks are important. Lexus should have an 8 speed transmission like the other upscale cars. One suggestion, check out the loaded Toyota Camry XLE - my friend has one and that car has just about everything the Lexus ES350 has.