Used 2013 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lexus Es-350 - Consumer Reviews

2013 Lexus ES 350

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )

A 30-year-old guy buys ES 350?
By dehw

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just turned 30, and previously drove BMW 320, MINI Cooper and Lexus IS 250. As you can see, I am a typical young guy with some money to be spent on cars, loving sporty cars. I was looking to replace my IS 250 and was looking at GS 350 and Audi A6 at first. While searching, the new ES 350 came along. I wouldn't have even considered ES 350 previously since it looked just too much of a grandpa's car. The new styling got me. Comparing the three cars, I noted that ES 350 was the best bang for the buck. Yes, it does not drive like a sports car. For that matter, I like the new GS 350. However, it has more space and its ride is slick and balanced. Switching to Sport mode does help fun driving.

Favorite Features

Get Leather and Navigation package. The interior looks like it is more than an entry level luxury car. In fact, it looks like this is a 50-60K car. Once people get into your car, they will ask you whether this car is a very expensive one. It uses regular gas. PLUS PLUS. Sport mode gives you a bit fun driving if you are young.

Suggested Improvements

May be an F-sport package will be able to attract more young guys in my age. It looks like a luxury car, but does not have much sporty feeling.

Love it compared to competition.
By brucemeister

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my ES350 for just over a month and love it. I spent about 6 months research, test-driving and pricing some competitors. See below: - BMW328i: This was the best ride of all of them and fun to drive. BUT the AWD feels stiffer and the steering is less responsive than the RWD, similarly equipped to the ES comes over $50K, post-warranty reliability suspect, premium fuel only. Annoying stop/start engine. - Audi A4: Great quality but feels stiff to drive and cramped in the back. A little small. - C300: Great handling and style, but TOO SMALL and cramped - even for the driver, expensive repairs, premium fuel only. Annoying stop/start engine. Acura TL: OK but not luxury.

Favorite Features

The ES350's strength compared to the others was the extra room, not just in the back seat as reported but for the driver. I just can't see the benefit of being cramped (I am 6 feet tall) so I can corner at 40 mph!Also it was the quietest of all of them. I originally had settled on the 300h but before signing test drove the 350 just for comparison's sake. It was then that I fell in love with the 3.5 liter engine which was quiet, smooth and very powerful. One thing also that surprised me is the ES350 exterior looks very stylish. That isn't mentioned much in all the reviews that I read but I just think it looks cool (for a 4 door sedan) especially compared to the 2012 model.

Suggested Improvements

One thing to be aware of though that isn't referenced in many reviews - the ES has a stiffer ride. The suspension is similar to a sports sedan not a luxury sedan. The handling is also surprisingly tight for a FWD, but the car registers every bump. It will take a few weeks to get used to it especially if you've upgraded from the previous ES version which had a softer ride. But overall compared to the competition it is quieter, smoother, larger, same gas mileage and great to look at inside and out.

the new ES 350 : how can the best be better ?
By mitchellrowe

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Review: The ES 350 IS BETTER than all the previous ES cars since the 1st one rolled off the line in Japan in 1991 , as a 1992 . It is 4 " longer ( back seat leg room ) gorgeous style that is now common to the GS and LS ( family resemblence ) front and back anti sway bars , with self adjustable shocks and struts . RUNS STRAIGH DOWN THE ROAD LIKE AN ARROW FROM THE BOW .. EVEN ON TILTED NJ ROADS . very powerful and 21 to 30 mpg on regular 87 octane . madnificant perforated leather , hot seats , climate control copied from the LS , electric steering , drive by wire , zf auto tranny , huge trunk , 1st class aluminum wheels.

Favorite Features

runs as good as it looks !

Suggested Improvements

none

improvement of the perfect car with awd
By mitchellrowe

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

how does the factory improve the best? 1- they made it 4" longer : smooth quiter ride , more legroom in the back 2 - kept the same price as the 2012 and 2011 when new 3- same engine and tranny that's quite perfect 4- added lane assist as option ------------ - -NEGATIVES " NO SPARE TIRE ( a donut) ------luxury package worth the $ -------- MY DEALER , LEXUS of CHERRY HILL (nj) , AS ALWAYS , DELIVERED THE CAR PERFECTLY. BEST SALES MGR. IN THE BIZ : MICHAEL C... ***** ( 5 STAR GUY )

Favorite Features

a happy car ... made in japan ... my 105th Lexus since 1989 ( really ) ( ask the dealer - lexus of cherry hill )

Suggested Improvements

none

You Must Drive This Car
By wofat

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I spent several months researching vehicles before finally making a purchase. I was focused on a mid to large sedan that would be very comfortable for my long commutes, that would get at least 25 MPG, FWD or AWD, and that would LAST for at least 200K miles. The final list was the 2013 Audi A4, 2013 Hyundai Azera, 2013 BMW 328xi, and the Infinity G37x. After driving and pricing, the G37x and BMW were eliminated. They were simply under-equipped compared to the others at the same price point. The BMW especially was bare bones unless you dropped another 10K. The Audi was eliminated for reliability (big issues with burning oil). After driving the ES350 I was in love. Not squishy at all.

Favorite Features

I was very impressed with the way this car drives. Fit and finish are beautiful. Even the base model is nice, though I opted for several reasonably priced upgrades (no NAV please!). Visibility is EXCELLENT compared to many of the vehicles I drove. I really liked the Azera, but visibility was horrid compared to the Lexus. Additionally, the Azera was a bit 'tinny' sounding compared to the Lexus.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. The car is phenomenal. I have 2000 miles on it in the 3 weeks i've owned it and absolutely love it. It's comfortable, quiet, has plenty of power on demand, and has great bluetooth integration with my phone. I'm in love. I'll post again when I hit 100K in about 3 years.