Used 2013 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lexus Es-350 - Consumer Reviews

2013 Lexus ES 350

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )

My first Lexus
By drao

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus. I have an 08 Infiniti G37 coupe. I am very pleased with the car. It is quiet fun to drive especially on ling trips. The navigation electronics takes getting use to and its true either love it or hate it. We love it once learned how to use it. The dealer was more than helpful eith any questions we had. Since I am retired my wife and I drive rather than fly. We reciently drove from Houston Tx. to Boothbay Maine. The car was a pleasure to drive we averaged 28 MPG! I would definately recommend this car.

Favorite Features

The navigation system! Once it is learned, not a hard task at all. It is one of the best I have ever used. Especially for older drivers it will guide you anywhere. Of course do not trust ANY navigation system blindly. Always have and idea of the route your going to take. Also get the ultra luxary package with the Mark Levenson sound system you will not reget it. Pleanty of leg room. I am over six feet three and there is plenty of leg room.

Suggested Improvements

More powerful engine as an option. There is plenty of power for the majority but, for some the desire of more performance is wanted.

Very disappointed for this ES350.
By mineg

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very disappointed for this ES350, it's 19km now. I bought it for its serene and comfortable reputation, this vehicle is not quite at lot. 1. The car vibrates when it stopped and the engine is engaged, the vibration makes me so uncomfortable that I have to switch to neutral whenever stopping before traffic light. I took it to dealer to check, I was told it's rotor's problem. I don't think that's the case because it vibrates also when I don't press breaker.

Favorite Features

2. The driver side exterior rear mirror creates annoying high frequency noise when the speed is over 100km/h. After spending lots of time, I found that it was caused by the gap between the mirror and its base. I used electric tape to wrap the gap, the noise disappeared. I took the car to dealer to adjust, I was told the gap is normal, and they put the tape back!!! 3. Wind and tire noisy is noticeable and unpleasant even when the speed is less than 80km/h.

After 5 BMW5 series-Why I changed
By gp5tee

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After owning five BMW 5 Series over a period of 25 years I finally made the move. I test drove the new 2013 BMW528X and it was wonderful. Quite an upgrade from my 2009 528e I was offering in trade. Then I visited a Lexus dealer and test drove an 2013 ES350. It was love at first drive. The steering wheel was beautiful. The overall feel matched the BMW. Performance felt easily as good also. The appearance is truly special. The BMW was the same old, same old ,although a little improvement . I guess I just needed a change. The fit and finish inside and out is perfect. The clincher was that it was $14,000 less, net of trade. I have always found my BMWs depreciated too much over 5 years.

Favorite Features

Styling,V6 engine, Navigation System, Rear Camera, Instrument Panel, rear window electric up and down,voice commands on Nav to lower or raise temperature,Blind spot warnings on side mirrors,seat position memory controls, Lexus Enform Apps , great riding quality, love the Metallic Cashmere color, looks sporty with the rear spoiler and side body protection strips, the big L badge front and back, rear deck is sexy looking , twin exhaust. seats are roomy and comfortable. Handling is great ( as good as my BMWs). I am going to miss my BMW,but not too much. Once again,love that steering wheel. The Dealership seemed more attentive and straight forward in making the deal.No tricks

Suggested Improvements

Only one...The Nav system voice commands do not override the music ,or radio. I have a $20,000 Mazda that overrides the other media when speaking voice commands.It is annoying when you have to turn the volume down on the radio to hear directions.

An Honest Reliable Review of Lexus ES350, $44,592
By donisland

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had two Lexus cars before and was very happy with them. DESIGN-The new design is Very Nice inside and outside. NAVIGATION-I especially like that large navigation screen - it is so much better than the previous ones that were smaller. RIDE-The ride is much more stiff. I think they were right to do this, it makes driving the car much more safe than the "cushy" ride that can be dangerous in emergency situations. POWER-Its good, but for this new car and more powerful engine would have been very nice. GAS MILEAGE-I am getting 22 mpg overall because I push the gas peddle down a lot.

Favorite Features

NAVIGATION SCREEN SIZE-again, its large and makes it easy to see and use. SEATING is very comfortable and nice adjusting seats. Rear Window SUNSCREEN is greatly appreciated since we live in the southern climate. Heated Seats and Climate Control work excellent. Notice the new design with that newer front grille, it helps the looks a lot. Rear Seat comfort is very good with a nice center arm rest. When we looked at consumer reports dot org we saw this car has a great reliability and that is important to us. Although a bit expensive, its an top flight car.

Suggested Improvements

No more Low profile tires, they look good but notice the rear window small sticker, they don't last as long as regular tires. More power would be appreciated. Have to use navi screen to turn off A/C and while driving this is dangerous - Lexus, put more buttons on the dash so the car will be more safe. Exhaust pipes are oval and so so looking, they should be like the ones on the larger LS model, after all, this is an upscale car and looks are important. Lexus should have an 8 speed transmission like the other upscale cars. One suggestion, check out the loaded Toyota Camry XLE - my friend has one and that car has just about everything the Lexus ES350 has.

Lexus versus Camry
By papilio1070

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a good car but it is no better than the 2013 Camry XLE. Ours is fully loaded with premium Nav and prem. sound system. It is all leather and rides the same as the ES350. Our Camry has more chrome and tinted windows. It has remote start. Our Camry is loaded with every option available and has more features than the first two trims of the ES350. We rented the ES350 along with the Camry, Avalon, Accord and Altima. We drove each car 200 miles. We did this because we got burnt on a 2010 impala. In fact the Nissan Altima had the best ride and comfortable seats of all the cars we rented. They have Zero Gravity seats and they are the best. Just couldn't trust that CVT Transmission.

Favorite Features

Honda went with the CVT this year and Toyota is putting a CVT in the 2014 Corolla . We paid 34,173 dollars for our Camry and that is with a 7 year 100 thousand bumper to bumper warranty and 5 year 60 thousand mile Toyota Care. I would not waste my money on a Lexus ES 350. It is just a version of the Camry

Suggested Improvements

Don't go the CVT route for your transmission or you will regret it.