2013 Lexus ES 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )
My first Lexus
By drao on 01/27/14 10:10 AM (PST)

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus. I have an 08 Infiniti G37 coupe. I am very pleased with the car. It is quiet fun to drive especially on ling trips. The navigation electronics takes getting use to and its true either love it or hate it. We love it once learned how to use it. The dealer was more than helpful eith any questions we had. Since I am retired my wife and I drive rather than fly. We reciently drove from Houston Tx. to Boothbay Maine. The car was a pleasure to drive we averaged 28 MPG! I would definately recommend this car.

Very disappointed for this ES350.
By mineg on 12/10/13 16:17 PM (PST)

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very disappointed for this ES350, it's 19km now. I bought it for its serene and comfortable reputation, this vehicle is not quite at lot. 1. The car vibrates when it stopped and the engine is engaged, the vibration makes me so uncomfortable that I have to switch to neutral whenever stopping before traffic light. I took it to dealer to check, I was told it's rotor's problem. I don't think that's the case because it vibrates also when I don't press breaker.

After 5 BMW5 series-Why I changed
By gp5tee on 11/13/13 19:30 PM (PST)

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After owning five BMW 5 Series over a period of 25 years I finally made the move. I test drove the new 2013 BMW528X and it was wonderful. Quite an upgrade from my 2009 528e I was offering in trade. Then I visited a Lexus dealer and test drove an 2013 ES350. It was love at first drive. The steering wheel was beautiful. The overall feel matched the BMW. Performance felt easily as good also. The appearance is truly special. The BMW was the same old, same old ,although a little improvement . I guess I just needed a change. The fit and finish inside and out is perfect. The clincher was that it was $14,000 less, net of trade. I have always found my BMWs depreciated too much over 5 years.

An Honest Reliable Review of Lexus ES350, $44,592
By donisland on 08/22/13 17:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had two Lexus cars before and was very happy with them. DESIGN-The new design is Very Nice inside and outside. NAVIGATION-I especially like that large navigation screen - it is so much better than the previous ones that were smaller. RIDE-The ride is much more stiff. I think they were right to do this, it makes driving the car much more safe than the "cushy" ride that can be dangerous in emergency situations. POWER-Its good, but for this new car and more powerful engine would have been very nice. GAS MILEAGE-I am getting 22 mpg overall because I push the gas peddle down a lot.

Lexus versus Camry
By papilio1070 on 08/17/13 10:53 AM (PDT)

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a good car but it is no better than the 2013 Camry XLE. Ours is fully loaded with premium Nav and prem. sound system. It is all leather and rides the same as the ES350. Our Camry has more chrome and tinted windows. It has remote start. Our Camry is loaded with every option available and has more features than the first two trims of the ES350. We rented the ES350 along with the Camry, Avalon, Accord and Altima. We drove each car 200 miles. We did this because we got burnt on a 2010 impala. In fact the Nissan Altima had the best ride and comfortable seats of all the cars we rented. They have Zero Gravity seats and they are the best. Just couldn't trust that CVT Transmission.

A 30-year-old guy buys ES 350?
By dehw on 04/26/13 12:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just turned 30, and previously drove BMW 320, MINI Cooper and Lexus IS 250. As you can see, I am a typical young guy with some money to be spent on cars, loving sporty cars. I was looking to replace my IS 250 and was looking at GS 350 and Audi A6 at first. While searching, the new ES 350 came along. I wouldn't have even considered ES 350 previously since it looked just too much of a grandpa's car. The new styling got me. Comparing the three cars, I noted that ES 350 was the best bang for the buck. Yes, it does not drive like a sports car. For that matter, I like the new GS 350. However, it has more space and its ride is slick and balanced. Switching to Sport mode does help fun driving.

Love it compared to competition.
By brucemeister on 02/07/13 05:10 AM (PST)

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my ES350 for just over a month and love it. I spent about 6 months research, test-driving and pricing some competitors. See below: - BMW328i: This was the best ride of all of them and fun to drive. BUT the AWD feels stiffer and the steering is less responsive than the RWD, similarly equipped to the ES comes over $50K, post-warranty reliability suspect, premium fuel only. Annoying stop/start engine. - Audi A4: Great quality but feels stiff to drive and cramped in the back. A little small. - C300: Great handling and style, but TOO SMALL and cramped - even for the driver, expensive repairs, premium fuel only. Annoying stop/start engine. Acura TL: OK but not luxury.

the new ES 350 : how can the best be better ?
By mitchellrowe on 01/11/13 21:18 PM (PST)

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Review: The ES 350 IS BETTER than all the previous ES cars since the 1st one rolled off the line in Japan in 1991 , as a 1992 . It is 4 " longer ( back seat leg room ) gorgeous style that is now common to the GS and LS ( family resemblence ) front and back anti sway bars , with self adjustable shocks and struts . RUNS STRAIGH DOWN THE ROAD LIKE AN ARROW FROM THE BOW .. EVEN ON TILTED NJ ROADS . very powerful and 21 to 30 mpg on regular 87 octane . madnificant perforated leather , hot seats , climate control copied from the LS , electric steering , drive by wire , zf auto tranny , huge trunk , 1st class aluminum wheels.

improvement of the perfect car with awd
By mitchellrowe on 01/01/13 21:23 PM (PST)

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

how does the factory improve the best? 1- they made it 4" longer : smooth quiter ride , more legroom in the back 2 - kept the same price as the 2012 and 2011 when new 3- same engine and tranny that's quite perfect 4- added lane assist as option ------------ - -NEGATIVES " NO SPARE TIRE ( a donut) ------luxury package worth the $ -------- MY DEALER , LEXUS of CHERRY HILL (nj) , AS ALWAYS , DELIVERED THE CAR PERFECTLY. BEST SALES MGR. IN THE BIZ : MICHAEL C... ***** ( 5 STAR GUY )

You Must Drive This Car
By wofat on 12/01/12 16:17 PM (PST)

2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I spent several months researching vehicles before finally making a purchase. I was focused on a mid to large sedan that would be very comfortable for my long commutes, that would get at least 25 MPG, FWD or AWD, and that would LAST for at least 200K miles. The final list was the 2013 Audi A4, 2013 Hyundai Azera, 2013 BMW 328xi, and the Infinity G37x. After driving and pricing, the G37x and BMW were eliminated. They were simply under-equipped compared to the others at the same price point. The BMW especially was bare bones unless you dropped another 10K. The Audi was eliminated for reliability (big issues with burning oil). After driving the ES350 I was in love. Not squishy at all.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Lexus ES 350 in VA is:

$140 per month*