2012 Lexus ES 350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )
Don't Buy the Navigation System for This Car
By usmcstrategist on 05/14/14 23:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our fourth Lexus. We bought the last three new. Until this model, we liked the car, the value, and the features, even though the latter are pricey. Our beef is with the navigation system. The Obamacare people could do better. A $270 voice-activated off-the-shelf Garmin 2797LMT runs circles around this $2,600 rip-off. It's awful. Based on what I've read about the 2013-14 models, nothing has changed. That affirms the arrogance of Lexus USA executives. Another tell-tale sign: If one calls the 800 Lexus number, one learns that Lexus management refuses to give the phone reps the tools to do their jobs: they can't see my instrument panel on their monitors. Therefore, they can't help.

Amazing Car
By mplueger on 07/29/12 16:21 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Es 350, 2005,2009, now 2012,the exterior has never looked better, bought 2012 because did not like interior of 2013 coming out in August.The ride is quite and very comfortable, standard sound system is fabulous . car now uses regular unleaded, previous Es 350's required premium, car is quick,quite and reliable,get many compliments on the way my car looks, bought dark gray. Sticker 39.109- worth every penny.Got a great deal from Bredemann Lexus in Glenview Illinois [non-permissible content removed].

WATCH OUT FOR THE PAINT
By scotish1 on 07/17/12 13:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did all my research before I bought my 2012 Lexus ES350, heard nothing but good things and heard nothing about people having paint issues. I have owned only high end cars most of my life, so I am on the compulsive side when it comes to maintaining my vehicles, I do not use car washes,I have my cars profesionally detailed, do not drive on dirt roads and so on well, I have so many scratches on my Lexus, I stopped counting!! it has less then 4000 miles on it, and it looks like a five year old car. Looked it up on the computer and found they had a class action law suit do to paint problems.

Great highway mileage
By cuongn on 05/08/12 08:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Last weekend my 2012 ES 350 actually exceeded the advertised MPH (19 city, 28 hwy). I drove from New Orleans back to Houston, setting cruise at 70mph. After arriving at Houston I calculated the miles-per-gallon and 33 MPG is what I got out of my car !

2012 ES 350 is a solid value
By jimses350 on 02/28/12 11:02 AM (PST)

2012 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 3,000 miles on my 2012 ES which replaced an 02 GS 300 with 236k miles on it which replaced a 95 ES 300 with 170k on it. These cars last! the current car is pretty and quick and quiet, but offers no drama. It does everything well but the handling reminds me of my dad's Buicks-well, that may be an exaggeration, but not by much. Apart from that, the 3.5 v6 is plenty quick and the fit and finish are very fine. The std audio system with blue tooth and navi are very functional. You can easily understand them. Seating is good for long hauls-i did 1,600 miles in a week and no problems. I like it but on a country road with twisties, I miss my GS. and that new GS just knocks me out but its $$$,

2012 ES 350 : Last of the Run
By mitchellrowe on 12/19/11 00:59 AM (PST)

2012 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2010 , 2011 , and 2012 ES 350 are the last of the production run for the model . History since 1990 shows the end of the run with Lexus are the best of the best cars . We bought a 2011 , and 2012 Ultra Luxury with the Levinson radio . The Es's are as near perfect as one can buy . Do not hesitate , on the Es . History will rate them like '55 chevy's . Don't hesitate , buy em' before it's too late . This sedan is a 10 .

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Lexus ES 350 Sedan in WA is:

$172 per month*