Used 2010 Lexus ES 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus Es-350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (41 reviews )

High end luxury; low end price
By Wan Kim

2010 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving SUVs (Sequoia, Cayenne) for the last 8 yrs, I switched to this sedan. The comfort level and ride quality is amazing for a car at this price level. I've only had it for 300 miles now (17 at delivery), but love it so far. The V6 has more than enough power for any driving situation; smooth & quiet throughout. The Levinson audio and panoramic roof are very nice "higher end" touches. Camry frame etc, but all the great luxury features of most Lexus vehicles. Compared to what I had, the gas mileage is great for this car; averaging over 20 mpg in roughly 60/40 (city/hwy) driving. Buying experience was "OK"; but am happy w/ the car itself.

Favorite Features

Mark Levinson audio (SAT, Bluetooth/USB iPod integration); Ventilated seats; quiet ride

Suggested Improvements

variable ride suspension to counter the 'softness'/body roll on the car; wider stock tires or larger optional sizes

What a disappointment
By NK

2010 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Since Aug '10 I have owned 2 ES350s. First one totaled in a flood after 3 weeks of purchase. Drove well. I was very happy. I replaced it with another one. The cabin shook violently since day one. I drove other demo ES350s. All had steering vibrations, one worse than the other. After taking the car back to the dealer 3 times, they finally found out that my brand new car had fix-a-flat in all 4 tires. With new tires steering doesn't shake, but the cabin still vibrates. All demos and loaners I drove have a cabin vibration at all speeds. Bad engineering flaw! I am extremely disappointed. Lexus was known to have the best drive!

Favorite Features

Voice recognition hands free dialing in non-Navigation cars. But that is also slow and poor in Navigation models.

Suggested Improvements

I owned a 1995 Toyota Windom (Lexus ES300), imported directly from Japan in the Caribbean. Interior hasn't changed since. Need to take care of the cabin vibration. I drive a 100 miles a day!

Out-of-Date GPS Data
By Andrie Chen

2010 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The GPS data is either out-of-date (about 20 year) or incomplete. The dealer didn't advise me when I purchased the car neither did the salesperson told me how to get the up- to-date data.

Couple Minor Annoyances
By Andrie Chen

2010 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car performs great; however, it can't link to my cellular phone which is up-to-date and has blue-tooth capability. Lexus website informs me that my cellular is not compatible with their system. No matter how hard I tried, I can't link the garage door opener to my garage door opener which has the rolling code. I did exactly the same thing for my cadillac and it worked beautifully.

Suggested Improvements

Expand the blue-tooth coverage to more phones. Need to resolve the garage door opener issue because my RX 330 has same trouble. Is it because of the rain sensing windshield wiper?

ES 350 - Best car, Best value
By CapSac

2010 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had this car for two months and 1500 miles. The seats are very comfortable (I'm 6'1" 250). The ride is silky smooth and very quite. We love the navigation system, and contrary to what "CarMan" wrote, it does give turn by turn voice directions, voice and visual traffic info, and even severe weather info. The only issue with the navi is that you cannot adjust some of its functions while moving. Other than this very minor navi inconvenience the car is perfect for us. It gives great gas mileage even though it is powerful and quick. The fit and finish both inside and out is exceptionally luxurious. We love this car! If you're considering buying one, you won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Key-less entry and ignition system, very comfortable ventilated and heated seats, roomy interior, navigation, rear view camera, parking assist, and excellent build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Should have LED tail and brake lights to make it the perfect luxury car.