2009 Lexus ES 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )
Great car
By Ern on 05/12/09 15:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Quiet, luxurious, smooth to drive, with effortless power. A great touring car, and handsome besides.

1st time buyer
By kathy on 05/07/09 08:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first Lexus I have owned and couldn't be happier. I only drove about 800 miles, but there isn't anything I seriously dislike about the vehicle. All of the necessary features are great and the ride is beautiful. I tend to be a leadfoot and this car has not let me down, although the handling is a little light. I test drove 14 different cars, seriously researched 26, and have always bought American previously. The price was great, $8,000-$10,000 below domestic competitors in its class with similar features. Needless to say, this was a big consideration when purchasing. The dealership was A+. Give it a try-you'll fall in love!!

Love those Toyotas/Lexus
By Fred on 04/16/09 17:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before buying this Lexus, I previously owned two Toyotas. So far, my Lexus lives up to the same reliability. Power, looks, features, you can't go wrong. I love the navigation and audio. Acceleration is smooth and it rides quiet. This car is roomy in the front and back. I test drove the Acrua TL and the Volvo S60, but neither was as exciting as my ES350. The fall back is that some of the amenities look and feel cheap especially the trunk handles. You only get two keys. Even though I have park assist, I still find it difficult looking over my shoulder backing up and I also find the seating uncomfortable after driving long periods of time. I would buy this car again.

Suprised - terrible GPS and bluetooth
By Sanford on 04/10/09 11:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have never owned a Lexus before. I was impressed by the test drive and buying experience. However, since owning the car for a while the integrated GPS is disaster and the blue tooth phone system does not work well either. I think it has to do with the microphone placement. I also own a Ford explorer (which has its own issues) but the GPS and bluetooth phone features just plain work better. I don't think I will buy another Lexus. I expected to pay more and have an issue free car but that is not the case.

New ES 350
By lbaird on 03/25/09 14:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned a 1998 ES300 and logged 154000 miles without a major problem. The amazing thing is that the purchase price of the 2009 was about the same with more equipment standard. If this car is nearly as good as my old Lexus, I will be more than satisfied. I have only driven it about 2000 miles but I am very impressed with the power, quality and economy of this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Lexus ES 350 in VA is:

$130 per month*