Used 2009 Lexus ES 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lexus ES 350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (27 reviews )

No Problems at 150,000 miles.
By Craig

2009 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car with 60,000 miles on it. I've changed the oil, tires and brakes. That's it, very reliable.

First Lexus ....Last Lexus ?
By Rich

2009 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've now had this car about 2 years and I am very pleased . I had some initial strange symptoms that never came back . Since then , no problems . This car is very quiet, very powerful ( more then I need) very economical (over 32 on the road, 28 around town) . I still think the sound system is not up to the quality of my former Avalon ( JBL System). I just took this car on a 1600 mile trip where my wife commented that unlike other cars, your not tired after long rides in this car. I am looking at possibly purchasing another Lexus, possibly a new one. I am also very impressed with Lexus service. Service reps make every effort to give you the very best possible service. Many dealers offer perks to include free wash and or oil changes. The service area is more like a restaurant/lounge then a service area. Very pleasant place to spend time waiting for your car. These are fine cars , living up to the reliability that I've come to know in the 8 Toyotas I've owned in the past adding the edition of luxury !

Relentless Pursuit of Perfection
By connoisseur1

2009 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was fortunate enough to find a 2009 Lexus ES 350 with 35,000 miles on it that was in mint condition.It is silky smooth and whisper quiet.I have no issues with the steering,and it handles
well even around sharp curves.You have the feeling you are controlling a precision instrument.
The biggest surprise is how fast it is.It has awsome passing power,and it is also fast off the line. My only minor critique on the car is that although the front seats are decently comfortable,there is room for improvement in that area.

It is a pleasure to drive,and it looks sharp! Very smooth engine and transmission.

Make the front seats as comfortable as the seats in an Acura

Great car sans the rattles
By jeff205

2009 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second ES. The prior was an ES 330. The car is quiet in terms of road noise. Performance is great unless you are used to driving a high performance BMW. I';s easy to look down and see you are cruising at 80 thinking you are driving at 60. Interior materials are all high quality. I only have 2 complaints. First the sound system is sub-par for this class of vehicle. Second there is as persistant rattle in the sun-roof area that the dealer cannot seem to fix. There are also other bump related rattles that seem to develop during the first 20k miles.

Cooled seats. Nice combination of handling and ride. Great gas mileage. Quality interior materials. Comfortable car to drive.

A better sound system. Get rid of the rattles.

Exceeds expections
By Dave

2009 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car after driving my RX for 10 years, which now my son is driving. Love the features, bluetooth for phone, parking assist, navigation, rear shade, auto wipers, and heated/cooled seats. Black interior can be a challenge to keep looking new but love driving it and the gas mileage is 25+ City and around 30 on highway. Would recommend to anyone. Looking to buy a third Lexus now, which brought me to this page!

Headlights, bluetooth, cooled and heated seats, parking assist.

Easier to clean back window (inside)!