2009 Lexus ES 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )
Relentless Pursuit of Perfection
By connoisseur1 on 09/12/13 12:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was fortunate enough to find a 2009 Lexus ES 350 with 35,000 miles on it that was in mint condition.It is silky smooth and whisper quiet.I have no issues with the steering,and it handles well even around sharp curves.You have the feeling you are controlling a precision instrument. The biggest surprise is how fast it is.It has awsome passing power,and it is also fast off the line. My only minor critique on the car is that although the front seats are decently comfortable,there is room for improvement in that area.

Great car sans the rattles
By jeff205 on 02/27/11 09:05 AM (PST)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second ES. The prior was an ES 330. The car is quiet in terms of road noise. Performance is great unless you are used to driving a high performance BMW. I';s easy to look down and see you are cruising at 80 thinking you are driving at 60. Interior materials are all high quality. I only have 2 complaints. First the sound system is sub-par for this class of vehicle. Second there is as persistant rattle in the sun-roof area that the dealer cannot seem to fix. There are also other bump related rattles that seem to develop during the first 20k miles.

Exceeds expections
By Dave on 07/25/10 16:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car after driving my RX for 10 years, which now my son is driving. Love the features, bluetooth for phone, parking assist, navigation, rear shade, auto wipers, and heated/cooled seats. Black interior can be a challenge to keep looking new but love driving it and the gas mileage is 25+ City and around 30 on highway. Would recommend to anyone. Looking to buy a third Lexus now, which brought me to this page!

Lexus Is The Way To Go!
By Phil on 06/22/10 10:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my ES 350 a little over a year and a half ago, and to this day have no regrets. We have the fully loaded model in the Matador Red Mica color. The looks, the reliability, and the overall design are superb. This is our second Lexus. We also have a '94 GS 300 which has also been absolutely trouble-free. We'll always be a Lexus family.

Lucky to be alive
By Lucky on 04/19/10 20:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I had matching ES 350's. My 2 boys and I were traveling in Washington DC one evening and were T-Boned by a guy going about 50 mph who ran a stop light. My ES 350 saved all 3 of us, it was amazing how the car took over, spun around and landed perfectly between the lines of the road and disengaged itself. The car was totaled but we all walked away. The police officer said we would have had a fatality if not for the safety of that car.

Wonderful car...minus audio experience.
By Dr. K on 02/27/10 20:01 PM (PST)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car for the money and cradles you when you sit. I drive 70 miles a day and the drive to and from work is the best part of my day. Got 8000 miles on it already and I try not to fall asleep every day on the way home in the comfortable seats. Dealership service is second to none.

Lexus ES 350 Is A Strange Car
By Sam on 12/07/09 21:10 PM (PST)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In many ways this car is very nice. It is solid and fast contrary to most user opinions. Even though the car is quiet....it is hard to explain you can hear rattles and noises that are annoying. BMW and Mercedes are better built cars but the ES 350 feels better when you are in the car purely for comfort. The ES 350 needs to get rid of the rattles.

Great VALUE
By LexMan on 10/29/09 20:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Smooth serene (very minimal wind noise at 70 MPH) luxurious ride on freeways. My previous '93 LS 400 (AIR SUSPENSION) however, was still noticeably smoother on bumpy roads. The Mark Levinson's CLARITY is auditory nirvana. Bluetooth, navigation, parking assists, and backup camera are highly useful features. Glovebox is small; SECRET: there is an elastic strap in its upper right FRONT corner to secure the HUGE owner's manual to the small ledge at the back of the glovebox. Center storage console's capacity is better in the 2010 design. Only serious competitor for IMMEDIATE VALUE is the Hyundai Genesis, but can be jittery over bumpy roads with unknown reliability and likely faster DEPRECIATION.

HATE This Car
By Linda on 10/29/09 13:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Am I the only person in the universe who bought a rattletrap? Have taken it back several times but still develops more rattles. I have an 8 year old RX that doesn't have one rattle. Very disappointed.

Bullet Proof
By buzzy on 10/26/09 20:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is unreal, it's my third Es. You can't beat this car for the money, fuel econ. and re-sale... I am getting 23 mpg in the city... with that much hp what a well built car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Lexus ES 350 in VA is:

$130 per month*