2008 Lexus ES 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (58 reviews )
Kinda disappointed
By carmoo on 04/14/13 20:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have driven an Acura TL for the last five years. Let me unequivocally say that the TL is a superior vehicle except in one area. The lexus has a plush and very comfortable ride. The panel on the Lexus is completely dull. The low roof line really compromises us guys over 6 feet tall. The lexus lacks many features that are standard on the TL, like satellite radio. Upgrades on the lexus like land navigation are very expensive to add. This is not a sports sedan, lots of body roll in the curves. Decent power and excellent fuel efficiency for a v 6. BE AWARE: the paint job on this model really sucks! Two paint chips the day after I drove it off the lot and there are more! Loud engine!

Like other first-time Lexus owners, disappointed
By swa_tech on 11/01/12 11:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Based on the opinion of a friend, purchased a 2008 ES-350 w/ 56k miles from Lexus dealer. Immediately experienced transmission shift flares, abrupt downshifts. Software update didn't fix it, transmission was replaced. Other issues not yet addressed: soft engine knock (piston slap?), timing chain rattles briefly when engine not started for several days, plenty of interior rattles, and of course paint chipping. While baffled that a car costing over $40k new would exhibit these technical issues at av'g miles, I must say the dealer service (Sewell in Dallas) has been exemplary so far.

Toyota Lexus quality slipping
By yankster53 on 07/03/11 10:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Not happy here, ES 350 and paint chips all over the hood, this car is primarily driven by 56 yr old stroke victim who drives 3 miles to Krogers few times a week, it is 08 and has 27K miles on it. Tires are shot, rattle inside that has been there for a long time. Leather seats are not holding up, gas mileage is good for the amount of power it has. This will be the last Lexus/Toyota product... I go back to 1976 Celica, 80 Cressida, 90 Celica, 2005 Sequoia 2006 Scion XB and they would be sorely mistaken thinking I would ever purchase again from them. Nuf said...

2008 Lexus ES350 engine troubles
By JJ on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the car new and have had an engine noise from the beginning that sounds like a valve lifter. Lexus started out claiming no noise, then no abnormal noise, than piston slap and finally less than premium gas in the tank. I have all gas receipts and they're all premium. The NCDS (National Center for Dispute Settlement) funded by Toyota wasn't interested in the evidence disproving the Lexus claim. The noise had gotten worse and Lexus refuses to address the issue. The value of this car will be greatly diminished at trade in time.

0 complaints... coming from an Audi A6
By Bob on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

People say, "never day never." Well, I truly believe that I will never drive another car other than a Lexus. I owned an 2002 Audi A6 2.7T from new to 70k, I had to take it to the dealer every month... Now, I have the 2008 Lexus ES 350 and this car is simply amazingly reliable and fun ride! The back of the car needs a more contemporary look, but, overall it gets a 10!

my lexus saved my life
By jfman sr on 03/23/10 18:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This happened to me on Saturday March 20th in Laurel md at approximately 4pm while driving on rte 1 as I entered the intersection of rte 1 and cherry lane a black Ford or Mercury grand marquis or crown vic ran a red light and t-bone my es 350 totally destroying my car. Every air bag on the drivers side deployed thus saving my life the other driver was dui going approx. 70 miles per hr, I don't think that I would have survived had I not been in my Lexus. That car saved my life there's no doubt about it. I called my Lexus dealer today to get me into another es 350 asap. My family and I want to say thank for building such a great car its truly a life saver. Thanks Toyota keep up the great job. Jfman

Rolling Valium
By RI Car Guy on 10/03/09 18:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Lexus ES350 pampers the driver and passengers in quiet isolation. The ride quality is best in class and fuel economy is excellent for a car this size. I averaged 27.5 mpg over 37K miles and typically get 31 mpg on highway (+75mph). I do a lot of highway driving and the New England winters are tough on any car, but the paint on the Lexus has more chips than my 6 year old Honda. Recommend getting dealer applied plastic film on hood to protect the new eco-friendly paint.

Lexus could really do better but didn't
By ChuckHall on 08/21/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you love the feel of the road then you will love this series of Lexus because due to the stiff suspension you will feel every bump in the road. If you are broad in the beam get a different car. When I drove the car I had to shift my position numerous times to feel comfortable - the seat is not wide enough for a larger than average person. There is a wind noise on both sides of the windshield that should never be heard from a car in this price range - and owners of the same style Camry have reported the same noise as well but Toyota/Lexus report that this is normal. If you are long waisted (short legged) get a different car - it is impossible to adjust the height for comfort.

Nice Ride
By mp on 05/04/09 17:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in an Avalon and I am truly impressed by the difference in ride and feel. The steering is ultra smooth with no play or noises. Road noise is minimal. The backup camera and parking assist radar has turned out to be a truly useful feature. The seats are very comfortable and not fatiguing.The adaptive headlights are pretty nice as well. After having used the navigation system I can't imagine not having a car without it. Next time out I may get another ES or perhaps try one of the big boy Lexuses.

Sticky catalytic converter
By Pattyk on 04/22/09 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Leased this car new. Has a good ride, not as quiet inside as I would have expected, dealership says it's the wind shear from the side mirrors! When I have to accelerate a bit hard, the catalytic converter smells really bad. I had this problem with my 2005 es300 too. Does anybody else experience this? Also the driver's side seat belt buckle digs into the back of the seat and marks up the leather when you get in the car. The heated seats don't get very warm as other cars I have drove with this feature. The bluetooth does not always work properly. The front tires wore out at 10K and I did have them rotated by the dealer. The paint scratches very easily. Major torque pull could have accident.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.