Used 2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 207 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (207 reviews )

ES 350
By J R

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first Lexus. Very comfortable and quiet. Great fuel economy 23/31 for a large, comfortable car. Quality design. Disappointed in the thin paint, rock chips are very noticeable and the Michelin tires won't make 30,000. Large ugly mirrors to compensate for the thick roof supports. The wireless voice commands don't always do voice recognition. Expected more for $40K.

Comfortable ride, quiet, short turning radius and great gas economy for a large car. Interior and exterior fob recognition (puddle lights).

Wireless voice recognition for the phone doesn't always work properly, redesign big mirrors and add the Xenon blue headlights.

Great car
By J G

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a loaded ES350 with 30,000 mi, car was about as perfect as you could expect with 30,000 mi. Hway MPG about 32 (amazing). Quiet, very comfortable, great car for trips & around town and handles better than you would expect from the reviews. Not a sports car (I already own one) just a beautiful, comfortable car & ride. I have owned Acura's & Infinity's, this is the best.

Comfort, Quiet, Fuel Economy, and the automated options like auto wipers, parking sound sensors. Beautiful interior, cooled seats are nice.

It does have a slight rattle over bumps in the dash area, car still under warranty and I expect this will be corrected when I bring it to the dealer.

ES350 Paint Issue
By zaff6

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have an 2007 ES350 that has a paint chipping and rust issue on the hood of the vehicle. Originally from Florida and now in New York. One winter and the hood has large paint chips and rust. The rest of the vehicle is fine. The dealer and Lexus tried to repair with bottled touch up paint but it raised the paint around the damaged area making it look worse. Lexus closed the book on this and said we are on our own to repair. Very disappointed with the attempt to repair. Paint and rust warranty is basically none.

Drive ability and style.

Lexus should improve warranty like BMW and Volvo paint.

Poor GPS
By mhc

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned several ES in the past, but this is the first with GPS. I agree it is not up to par with the competition and I have been test driving many vehicles over the past couple of months. The voice command response is terrible and not worth the effort. Blue tooth has been fine. Biggest complaint is that GPS does not allow even a passenger to enter info while the car is in motion. Very frustrating as voice commands for navigation are not worth the effort.

Comfort. Quiet. Smooth ride. Great dealerships and sales people.

Need better navigation system.

ES 350 Door Handle Pulls off door
By tellitall

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my ES 350 in June of 2006. This was my first Lexus and I've been very happy with my car and I had no problems up until this past week. My driver's side door handle pulled off the door. Until I was able to take the car into the dealership I had to snap the handle back onto the door. Initially Lexus was wanted me to pay for labor costs. I disputed those and Lexus paid for the replacement. I have purchased many cars and never, has a door handle broken on any of the cars I have purchased.The door was not tampered with there was no sign of forced entry. I believe this is a defect in construction.