2007 Lexus ES 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (202 reviews )
Good and Bad
By ES 350 on 09/20/07 14:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very smooth transmission. Great, quiet ride. Great radio and sound. I expected more than cardboard on door panels. Flimsy glove compartment door, trunk lid. Not enough front seat thigh support. Navigation system a colossal disappointment. It is practically useless outside major metro areas. Pretty picture, though. No way to open trunk if power lost. Fold down rear seatbacks with full access to trunk would be great. Front end too low, scrapes most curbs. Fatter tires would give even smoother ride. Roof line too low for tall people. Does not come with body side moldings, door sides are naked to damage. Support has been minimal from Lexus headquarters and dealership.

Lots of rattle
By pma022 on 09/12/07 18:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the ES 2 weeks ago. Today was the 3rd time it went back to dealer. Lots of rattles from front passenger door, front deck (stereo area), rear deck (seat belt). I was driving their loaner ES 350. That car has nearly same rattles as mine. Rattling is the problem you can't find during test drive. After you take the car, if there's a rattle you need to locate a more precise spot so that it may be easier for their technicians to find and fix. Really doubt about Lexus's quality. Others than rattling, I enjoy my ES very much. Fast and comfortable.

I what I hoped for in a luxury car
By carbuff on 09/03/07 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The ES 350 has met or exceeded my every expectation. It is comfortable, safe and sedate. It is equipped with every feature that I think a luxury car should have.

Excellent Car
By Walt on 09/02/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2007 Lexus 2007 ES 350 demo (nav and ultra luxury package) with 4,000 miles. The car is a perfect blend of sport and luxury. It is definitely one of the best cars that I have ever owned.

Nice to Look at
By Ric on 08/31/07 08:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall it is pretty much what I expected from Lexus, except the finicky transmission. It is quiet and despite what the competition thinks of its looks it gets plenty of second looks; it's black with darkened windows and the spoked rims. It is often mistaken for the much more expensive LS by the uninformed including my boss and co-workers who ask "are we paying you too much? and "how did you afford that". If only the transmission would settle on a gear and not want to jolt my bad back when in stop-and-go traffic or even the slightest incline I would give it a strong 9. Had to have a new transmission put in at 5000 miles, new transmission only slightly better.

Disabled the Navigation
By Wantin' to Nav on 08/28/07 19:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

All 2007 Lexus vehicles are set to disable the navigation and phone dialing while the car is in motion. This is a huge pain!! The otherwise very good Lexus quality is overshadowed by the loss of the "override" that was present in older Lexus vehicles. I would have bought an Acura, Audi or BMW (anything, actually) if I had known the nav was disabled.

My New Lexus
By june on 08/23/07 12:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I like my new Lexus, and I am having a great deal of fun driving it. I don't see a great deal of difference from my old Camry, but it's nice owning and driving a luxury car.

The Best
By casting223 on 08/07/07 12:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Getting real good gas mileage 26 MPG in town, 36 MPG on the highway. I have nitro in my tires and a K&N air filter. Both of these really help.

Meets expectations
By nice car on 08/02/07 14:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Compared all mid sized luxury and kept coming back to ES 350. Considered A6 also. Power and economy are surprisingly great. Really glad I got the nav.

Phenomenal Car to Like (Maybe Not Love)
By AndyA on 07/29/07 04:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the most competent non-sports sedan I've ever driven. Very powerful engine (although you could eat breakfast while it selects its gear in automatic mode), great comfort, and amazing integration of electronics - GPS, climate, audio, etc. Really a beautiful vehicle. I have a big complaint, though, about the GPS system. You cannot set destinations or use many of the features while the car is in motion. This is billed as a safety feature, but it's a terrible inconvenience, especially when a passenger is sitting next to the driver. In summary, it doesn't have the soul of my 528, but it's a great compromise when looking for a classy ride with great power at a great price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.