2007 Lexus ES 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (202 reviews )
Overpriced Toyota
By A. Bata on 08/07/10 17:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in 01 Merc E class. The Lexus rides very smoothly but understeers severely and feels boaty on curves. The ruby red paint quality is pitiful with the slightest impact even with such items as cardboard or plastic scratching the paint surface. The car was supposed to be a Lexus CPO but came with several problems including warped front brake rotors, dead batteries in key fob, floor board shimmy, unbalanced wheels and paint colored wax covering prior owner's scratches which washed off during the first car wash. CPO may only be worth the warranty, the rest is a gimmick.

Major problems steering rod, transmission, leak
By mike on 07/03/10 16:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 4 years. It is a weekend car. The car is fun to drive. But I have had the transmission replaced, when it barely had 10,000 miles on it. It would change gears with a major kick. After a week my vsc came on. About a month ago when I would turn my steering wheel I would feel clicking noises. So back to the shop it went and their was a defect in the steering rods. I also had a oil leak and a plug was defective so they replaced that. Thank god! This car inst what I use daily.

Love it Love it Love it
By Dan Cacich on 04/11/10 12:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was my 1st luxury car. Looked for 18 mths. Compared to BMW, Benz and Acura I felt I got the best bang for my buck. No other vehicle had the ride. Mileage is unbelievable at 33 mpg highway. Took it on many trips. Currently shopping for the wife. Looked at a 2010 RX 350. Of course, had to look at everything else again. Decided on the RX. Nothing else comes close to a Lexus. Son in law is a mechanic. He says you can never go wrong with a Lexus.

Truly Exceptional
By apar72 on 03/19/10 22:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned a 5 series, (2) 3 series convertibles, and an 2003 Lexus Es300, I felt compelled to write about the 2007 Lexus ES 350. On to the good stuff, the 350 engine has all the power you need, much better than the lackluster performance of the es300. it does have significant body roll and a slight delay in throttle response (drive by wire). Than again it's a lexus not a corvette. The fit and finish quality is outstanding, the ride is very soft, no rattles, drives like a smaller version of the LS 430. Extremely quite interior and well appointed at that. If you like a real "luxury" car than there is no better. This is not a Camry and anyone who says it drives like one does not have a clue.

Extremely Satisfied
By Raj on 02/22/10 21:52 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a CPO 2007 Lexus with all the bells & whistles except ML audio system. It has been a delight to drive around. In fact, I look forward to getting behind the wheels. The absolute comfort this car provides to all of its occupants is just beautiful.

JUST OKAY
By CT on 02/12/10 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is ----JUST OKAY---- This is my first Lexus and probably my last. Lexus simply cannot be compared to BMW, Mercedes, or Infiniti. Lexus simply lacks the technology, built quality, and reliability of the other companies. Oil changes are expensive ($100+) and not to mention the 15000 mile tune up will cost owners ($300+) then again at 30000. Problems: 3 out of the 4 Windows have gone off track, driver door will not auto lock or open (key sensor is broken). And steering wheel leather if falling apart. Transmission is terrible, tooooo much lag when you push the accelerator. If you are looking for a family car for long trips, this is the car for you. MAKE SURE YOU TEST DRIVE FIRST!!

LIKE BUDDUH
By jdgmusic on 01/02/10 10:33 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 07 ES 350 after totaling my Cadillac STS. This is a near-perfect balance of comfort, QUIET ride, economy, performance, amenities, and quality!!

2003 Lexus ES 300
By Sunny on 01/02/10 03:58 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 160k on my 2003. I bought this because I was tired of my Xterra's hard suspension. So I wanted a reliable and comfortable car. I thought the reliability would be bullet proof. Ok so it is reliable. Except at about 90k my battery died. So I immediately bought a new one on the same day. Next day battery died again. So I did recharge and never had prob again. I also had to replace the A/C at 90k. Other than that, the rear right window won't go down. So I guess you may say that I've been fortunate.

Too early to tell
By raviola4 on 12/13/09 13:25 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a certified 2007 ES350 in Oct. 09. So far so good. Got 33 mpg on only trip. Low 20's in local driving. One gripe is having to keep 36 psi in tires. On smooth surfaces fine, but do notice every glitch in road surfaces. Dealer says they put at least 36-37 in to avoid low tire pressure light coming on. Why? Door indicates should be at 30 psi. Being certified a lot of things were fixed, new tires, brakes etc. before purchase. I'm also concerned about the massive recall of ES350's along with other Toyota models for sudden acceleration problems. Many unrelated to the floor mat problem that has received most of the press. Visibility as many have noted is not great.

Pleased
By Walter McGuinness on 11/27/09 16:57 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has everything you would want in a car. When you need power it is there. The ride overall is very comfortable. With the front seat back there is still plenty of room in the back seat. The trunk is larger than it looks from the outside. The car holds the road very well. My only real complaint is the sun roof. I get a lot of road noise with the lid open. Close the lid and the noise just about stops. Would I buy another Lexus, I sure would. I avg. about 26 mpg in town and over 30 on the open road.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.