Used 2007 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus ES 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (203 reviews )

Satisfied!
By Treasa

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am absolutely satisfied with this car. First of all, it is a great looking car - definitely a head turner. It is sporty with soft touches. The chrome wheels and door handles really works well together. The fit inside is impressive also. The keyless entry and startup is amazing. The GPS system with the backup camera and tilt down mirrors are great features when the car is in reverse. I personally like the lighting inside of the car - the recess lights are really cool. The automatic rain sensor wipers works exceptionally well. The ride and handling is a wonderful experience. I want to say "umm" each time I drive it.

GPS system with camera. Tilt down mirrors. Adaptive reflecting lights. Automatic rain sensors wipers. Recess lights in cabin.

Very satisfied after 10 months
By Bob Jones

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been very satisfied with the Lexus ES 350 I have been driving for the last 10 months. I live in the coastal plain of North Carolina and drive 90% of the time on flatland. If I drove in an area with hills or mountains I don't think I would be as satisfied with the ES 350 driving experience because the transmission seems to get "confused" in hilly terrain. But, I have been very satisfied overall with the ES 350.

Gas mileage, quiet cabin, smooth ride, excellent acceleration on expressways except on hilly terrain, heated and ventilated seats, very good standard sound system, good visibility.

Adjustable interior lighting brightness, availability of a hybrid drive train, transmission doesn't shift up smoothly all the time if terrain is hilly, changing modes and settings for hvac is cumbersome especially when trying to use defrost/heat in winter.

One of the best out there
By Dunde

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I like the drive of the ES 350 better than the 01 BMW 325xi. It is quiet, smooth and has a lot of power. Handling is equally good. I do not do 70 on a 35 mph ramp. If you want to do that then the bmw will be better (provided you have good tires). The ES 350 has an exceptionally quiet ride. I absolutely love this kind of ride on long road trips. When the car is cold, the transmission is a bit jerky. Within a 2-3 miles it becomes smooth but still it is not as smooth as BMWs. I love the keyless entry.

Quiet ride, elegant interior, fuel economy (23 mpg mixed/30 hwy), power, easy controls, comfortable seats, nav, bluetooth. Full size spare makes me feel more secure on long road trips. Big side mirrors. It almost covers the blind spots as well. Ultra pkg includes terrific sound system. Passenger mem seats.

Center console has a narrow opening. Transmission is jerky when the engine is cold. Rear seats do not fold. No storage area under the CD changer. Almost every car has it where you can keep your CD, wallet, phone, charger etc. The odometer and trip odo readings are mutually exclusive. No AWD. Cabin light.

Love this Car!!
By Holly

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my ES 350 in late December of 2006 after driving a Chevy SUV for the past 4 years. What a difference!! I have loved every minute of driving this car! I haven't experienced any of the road noise problems that I have read about on this site, but have had some issues with the transmission "missing" between 3rd and 4th gear. I spoke with the dealership about this and was told that it is a computer problem that they are aware of that will be fixed as soon as the program is made available to the dealerships. This is my first Lexus and, I must say, I'm very impressed with the quality and attention to detail that went into this car - especially for the price.

Push button start, stereo system, gas mileage, interior and exterior appearance, ride, bluetooth... I love it all!

The MP3 hookup is great, but it would be nice to have a place to put my iPod so that it is accessible while I'm driving. The interior lights are too dim. Add a power outlet for the back seat (for those who travel with kids). Illuminate the Homelink buttons so they can been seen at night.

You get what you pay for
By sak

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The ride is so smooth it feels like the car is gliding on air. But hit the brake and you will see how well grounded the car is as it stops in a heart beat. Optional packages are great. I have little kids and wouldn't have even considered a car without side airbag. The chrome wheels match perfectly with the door handles and are not too flashy to ruin the conservative/classic style of Lexus. I can not wait until the 2008 model come out. We will be buying hopefully newly designed RX 350.

Everything (the whole package)except for dashboard material.

The only improvement I suggest is to change the material which is used for the dashboard, as it looks cheap.