Used 2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus Es-350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (203 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Lots of rattle
By pma022

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the ES 2 weeks ago. Today was the 3rd time it went back to dealer. Lots of rattles from front passenger door, front deck (stereo area), rear deck (seat belt). I was driving their loaner ES 350. That car has nearly same rattles as mine. Rattling is the problem you can't find during test drive. After you take the car, if there's a rattle you need to locate a more precise spot so that it may be easier for their technicians to find and fix. Really doubt about Lexus's quality. Others than rattling, I enjoy my ES very much. Fast and comfortable.

Favorite Features

Accelerates fast, comfortable, base stereo is good enough.

Suggested Improvements

Enhance integration quality. Rear visibility is not good, rear camera might be helpful.

ES 350 Door Handle Pulls off door
By tellitall

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my ES 350 in June of 2006. This was my first Lexus and I've been very happy with my car and I had no problems up until this past week. My driver's side door handle pulled off the door. Until I was able to take the car into the dealership I had to snap the handle back onto the door. Initially Lexus was wanted me to pay for labor costs. I disputed those and Lexus paid for the replacement. I have purchased many cars and never, has a door handle broken on any of the cars I have purchased.The door was not tampered with there was no sign of forced entry. I believe this is a defect in construction.

Truly Exceptional
By apar72

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned a 5 series, (2) 3 series convertibles, and an 2003 Lexus Es300, I felt compelled to write about the 2007 Lexus ES 350. On to the good stuff, the 350 engine has all the power you need, much better than the lackluster performance of the es300. it does have significant body roll and a slight delay in throttle response (drive by wire). Than again it's a lexus not a corvette. The fit and finish quality is outstanding, the ride is very soft, no rattles, drives like a smaller version of the LS 430. Extremely quite interior and well appointed at that. If you like a real "luxury" car than there is no better. This is not a Camry and anyone who says it drives like one does not have a clue.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry, Great sound system, Powerful engine, Excellent ride quality, Reliability (based off of my es300), Super quite, Side window coating (like rain- x), Nav screen, overall intuitive design and operation, Very comfortable seats and driver feedback.

Suggested Improvements

Paint is super thin and chips easy, Backup camera (not a big fan), Factory installed XM radio does not have the best reception, Nav system while driving is limited (very very annoying), Throttle response.

I love this car
By jbcamel

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2007 ES 350 since June 2006. Every few months I toy with the idea of getting a new car but each time I decide that I should stick with this car. It's the best one I've ever owned and I love it. The only weak spot seems to be the brakes. I have 77k miles and have had to replace the brakes twice. I do not ride the brakes or use many hills. Past cars have never needed new brakes - they were all sold at about 55k miles. This car is quite and beautifully made. Add to that the fact that the dealership service department is outstanding and I just can't part with it.

Favorite Features

It is so quite and comfortable. I never feel like road noise is competing with the radio or a conversation.

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility is very bad. The rear windshield is quite small. If I didn't have the rear camera I would have a lot of difficulty seeing behind me. I don't think I should have to buy an expensive package in order to be able to see as well as I would in other cars.

engine noise and A/C problems
By monacokid1

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had 50 cars in my lifetime. the last five were the Lexus 250, 300, 400,330, & 350 since Lexus became a car. This 2007 has 2 major problems which Lexus has not been able to correct. #1 the engine makes a noise when cold that sounds like the tappet noise of previous years the engine idles rough. Lexus tells me it is the fuel injectors and is normal. My 97 Nissan Altima was quieter and did not make this type noise or rough idle. #2 the A/C covers my dash board area with tiny white specs. Lexus has change the evaporator twice and A/C filters numerous times. It is still spewing and I think it might be causing me a health problem with my lungs. I really am disappointed in the year

Favorite Features

mileage , ride , comfort

Suggested Improvements

fix the rough idle, fuel injector noise and A/C discharge of white specs into the interior.