Used 2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus Es-350 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (203 reviews )

Big Improvement over ES 330
By Jim Rooney

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive a Mercedes E350 wagon, this is my wife's car but I love taking it for a spin once a week. It gets 30 mpg which is definitely more than my Benz. Also it is slightly quicker with a zero to sixty run of 7.0 sec. Also many options, silky smooth leather, and a very nice console display. Half the price of my Mercedes wagon yet looks just as luxurious. Very hard to believe this car is based off a Camry.

Favorite Features

Easy to use touchscreen nav system. More than adequate horsepower rating (272). Very smooth ride with ultra-smooth transmission shifts. Very sleek/sporty look (ES 330 looked like a Buick). Lots of luxury for this price point.

Suggested Improvements

This car is perfect. Good price, reliability, ride, performance, and exterior design.

Good and Bad
By ES 350

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very smooth transmission. Great, quiet ride. Great radio and sound. I expected more than cardboard on door panels. Flimsy glove compartment door, trunk lid. Not enough front seat thigh support. Navigation system a colossal disappointment. It is practically useless outside major metro areas. Pretty picture, though. No way to open trunk if power lost. Fold down rear seatbacks with full access to trunk would be great. Front end too low, scrapes most curbs. Fatter tires would give even smoother ride. Roof line too low for tall people. Does not come with body side moldings, door sides are naked to damage. Support has been minimal from Lexus headquarters and dealership.

Favorite Features

Ride. Fuel economy. Expected reliability.

Suggested Improvements

No chrome inside vehicle, reflections like looking into the sun. More substantial glove compartment door coin door and trunk lid. Raise front end an inch or so. A better navigation system. I bought a Garmin and don't use the Lexus nav.

Lots of rattle
By pma022

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the ES 2 weeks ago. Today was the 3rd time it went back to dealer. Lots of rattles from front passenger door, front deck (stereo area), rear deck (seat belt). I was driving their loaner ES 350. That car has nearly same rattles as mine. Rattling is the problem you can't find during test drive. After you take the car, if there's a rattle you need to locate a more precise spot so that it may be easier for their technicians to find and fix. Really doubt about Lexus's quality. Others than rattling, I enjoy my ES very much. Fast and comfortable.

Favorite Features

Accelerates fast, comfortable, base stereo is good enough.

Suggested Improvements

Enhance integration quality. Rear visibility is not good, rear camera might be helpful.

I what I hoped for in a luxury car
By carbuff

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The ES 350 has met or exceeded my every expectation. It is comfortable, safe and sedate. It is equipped with every feature that I think a luxury car should have.

Favorite Features

Quiet and comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Add light feature to garage and gate opener buttons. Enable driver to add destinations to nav system while on the move.

Excellent Car
By Walt

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2007 Lexus 2007 ES 350 demo (nav and ultra luxury package) with 4,000 miles. The car is a perfect blend of sport and luxury. It is definitely one of the best cars that I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Glass roof and backup camera.

Suggested Improvements

Armrest should move forward. Also, the armrest latch is located in an area that can accidentally be touched/opened.