Refined middleweight cruiser
By Don Geeze on
2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
Drove every competitor and many others. Passed on the new Avalon because the doors covering the dash didn't close or open properly in any but 1 of the 6 I sat in. This is my 62nd car and by far the overall best. Extras like rain sensing wipers, auto leveling headlights, ventilated seats and voice activated navigation are surpisingly good to have. Smoother and quieter than many large cruisers, but more nimble and gets decent MPG. Interior is ergonomically almost perfect (and did I mention quiet?). Exterior is unique although easily confused with a Camry. Doors close with a solid thunk, unlike the Jaguars I looked at.
Favorite Features
Quiet and serene ride. Relatively small turning radius. Good acceleration and gas mileage. Feeling of quality in every area of the car. Beautiful interior. Intelligently designed trip computer. Rock solid reliability ratings.
Suggested Improvements
Navigation system could be more intuitive. Tranmission sometimes confused at low speeds (hopefully this will improve as the computer educates itself). Could get better gas mileage (Avalon gets 31 MPG with 40 more HP)