2005 Lexus ES 330 Consumer Review: Outstanding 2005 ES 330 with 4

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan - Consumer Review

Outstanding 2005 ES 330 with 48K miles
By MJW on

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my ES 330 for 3 months and have made one rather lengthy trip, plus drive to work every day. I haven't experienced the transmission problems that others have. The navigation system that many complain about is fine. Read the manual and plan ahead. I agree the cup holders leave a lot to be desired. The sound system is great, but I wish the CD changer was in the dash. As for gas mileage - on my 1500+ mile trip I averaged 28.65 MPG, which includes driving into some heavy head wind - average speed 70+. Not a sexy car, but I am glad a made this purchase. Perhaps I just got lucky?

Favorite Features

Heated and cooled front seats; rain-sensing wipers; great sound system; great fuel economy; smooth ride (and properly functioning transmission). I have all maintenance records (all work done at Lexus) - this car has never had a major problem.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders; CD changer should be in the dash, not in the center console (I believe the ES350 improved in these areas); floor mats are not as good as Toyota - they should be equal to or better than Toyota Camry floor mats.