Likeable but not Loveable
By MJL on
2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
I've had my ES 330 for a bit over 2 months. Traded in a 2002 Acura TL. While the Lexus has a more upscale interior (i.e. wood trim steering wheel) the handling is not nearly as nimble as the TL, nor is it as quick as the TL (notwithstanding that both cars have the same HP rating). I also find that the double-wishbone suspension of the TL makes for a slightly more comfortable highway ride that the rack & pinion ES. All in all a nice car, comfortable and competitively priced with the likes of Acura TL, Infiniti G35 and Cadillac CTS. That said, I find it a likeable car, but not a car that can be characterized as a "driver's car". Only averaging 23 mpg combined city/hwy using req'd premium.
Favorite Features
Quality of interior materials and upscale feel of interior. Very quiet ride. Excellent audio system.
Suggested Improvements
With 240 ft.lbs of torque the car should be much quicker - improve responsiveness. Separate the odometer from the trip odometers and relocate the trip reset button to be more accessable.Add audio "mute" button on steering wheel.Bundle popular options within base price - option list long & expensive.