2005 Lexus ES 330 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (151 reviews )
Refined middleweight cruiser
By Don Geeze on 07/07/05 20:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Drove every competitor and many others. Passed on the new Avalon because the doors covering the dash didn't close or open properly in any but 1 of the 6 I sat in. This is my 62nd car and by far the overall best. Extras like rain sensing wipers, auto leveling headlights, ventilated seats and voice activated navigation are surpisingly good to have. Smoother and quieter than many large cruisers, but more nimble and gets decent MPG. Interior is ergonomically almost perfect (and did I mention quiet?). Exterior is unique although easily confused with a Camry. Doors close with a solid thunk, unlike the Jaguars I looked at.

Lexus Review
By Dave Migliori on 07/05/05 13:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great Car. Very Quiet. Rich looking interior. More room inside than the BMW 330. With front wheel drive and four snow tires this car performed very well in the snow. Much better value than my BMW 528i.

Fun to Drive!
By Dave on 06/30/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most fun to drive of any vehicle I have owned - and I have owned a lot of them at age 71. I find it responsive and a joy. I drive mostly highway miles and really like the gas milage - beats my 2002 Honda Accord by 15%.

Great Car
By Doris on 06/22/05 01:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I read all reviews about this car prior to purchasing it. All of them are true. Despite its Camry look, the interior is superior and luxurious. It rides better than BMW 325. Most cars come with package 1 or 2. Go with package 2 (everything but the navigational system).I got mine at slightly below $31K (package 2). It worths every penny.

A Great Car
By Brian M on 06/15/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely a pleasure to own and drive. Quiet and comfortable. Smooth ride. More than adequate acceleration and power for Chicago tollway driving. Excellent build quality. Not a single flaw or problem. This car is not a performance "sports" car, but it is exactly what I was looking for: an affordable, great riding, entry luxury car. Fantastic service from dealership.

An ES 330 with lots of problems
By smirror on 06/13/05 13:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an Acura TL in 2002 and had a lot of noise problems. So when I needed to buy another car last year, I went for a Lexus brand with great reputation. But I was disappointed completely. The transmission hesitation made the driving so painful, in addition to many noise problems (rattling door, overhead, steering column and front passenger seat). In fact there are widespread complaint about the transmission problem in the Edmunds Forum discussions. My mistake was that I did not read them before buying the car. Still, I am surprised that the reviews here are pretty much all good. Go check out the Forum before you buy the ES. Don't make mistakes like mine.

My Opinion
By William Galarneault on 06/12/05 13:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Not as good as previous Lexus autos I have owned. One major problem causes me to never recommend this car. The transmission. It jerks, slows down differently when one lets up on the accelerator. Even acts like you are braking when you are not doing so. In itself, this could be adapted to by a driver, but it is not consistent. Sometimes it does these things, other times it acts like a normal car. Friends have assigned the knickname "Lurch" to this car.

Sorry I bought it
By red in KCMO on 06/08/05 16:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Not really any fun to drive around town. The tranmission does not shift properly. Lots of uncertainty about what gear the car wants to be in. I am a stop and go type driver and it is very irritating to have your head snap back when the transmission finally decided what gear to shift into. I would opt for the Acura next time---- Which will be next year. Hope my whiplash is cured by then!! Dealer service dept. says (regarding the transmission problem) "You will get used to it"

My 2005 Lexus ES330
By Robert Lemberes on 06/08/05 01:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Drivability, interior comfort are the best. I absolutely love my Lexus. The idle is so smooth and quiet I have to look at the tachometer to make sure it is running.

Lexus ES 300
By Bruce on 06/06/05 15:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Lacks a little guts on initial acceleration, but hey I'm not 16 anymore, and my need for top speed has diminished. If you want TRUE class and luxury, then look at this car.