Used 2005 Lexus ES 330 Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus ES 330 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (156 reviews )

I'm going to miss her
By comfortable/safe

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a luxury car, not a sport car. I have enjoyed driving this car! I will buy another someday! the comfort and feeling of a quiet, safe reliabilty comes to mind instantly! Worth every penny... I owned a Lexus.

I loved the seats! Heated or cool in the summer!

More direction on working the navigation system.. Paint on hood starting chipping right away!

Overpriced vehicle
By Mark

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Poor tires, poor transmission, poor gas mileage, no performance for the money,car has no traction in snow and we had to change the tires almost immediately because they could not handle wet conditions in New England. The new tires have excellent traction but are considerably more noisy. A little stiffer ride but worth the change.

Interior, head lights, wiper system, GPS, quiet car. Excellant maintenance record, car is a lady's car, great on long distance rides (over 200 miles), very comfortable ride.

Improve mileage and performance. You need to buy GM transmissions for this engine.

Great ride
By moody1g

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned this used Lexus for a week but would recommend it to anyone. For a three year old car with 43,000 on the odometer I am impressed. The absolute bank vault solidity of this car is amazing. This is my first Lexus and I would absolutely get another.

You name it.

The trans shifts a little odd.

TRANSMISSION & SUSPENSION ISSUES
By MICHELE

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a nice looking car and very comfortable but it lacks in the mechanical arena. I have had 2 major warranty issues. Front left strut broke (told bolts left loose from factory install caused the break) and the transmission had to be replaced. Not only that but it didn't solve the problem, ECU had to be reflashed a couple months later when they got a software upgrade. Told me I was the only one having issues, found out on Edmunds lots of people have them with this year. Don't buy a used one unless the transmission and ECU have been fixed. You will have problems. Not impressed with service or how they handled the quality issues... pursuit of quality... yeah right.

Heat/cool seats. Nice in the summer with the leather to have the cooling feature.

Need to improve the overall quality of the mechanical side of the vehicle. I never expected to have this many issues with a Lexus.

Lexus fan for life
By pooty711

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Well this is my 5th lexus. I buy lexus everytime, not only because of the fact it is a reliable and comfortable car with nice styling, but we have a very nice relationship with the dealer. In fact my whole family owns cars from this dealer,15 in all over the years.

Styling, comfort.

Transmission is a little temperamental, takes getting used to. Brakes and tires are expensive .